• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Conquest of Epirus

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
The Conquest of Epirus map is a map i made to test my skills. It is about 5 different factions (4 ancient Greek and 1 Roman) fighting for control of a rich land in Northern Greece (That's where i live). Choose from the following factions: Dorian Greeks (They live in the north and are deadly footsoldiers, descendants of Hercules and ancestors of the Spartans), Molossean Greeks (They live in central Epirus and have 2 of the most heavily fortified cities in the game, they also have good cavalry and fleet), Romans (Nothing more needs to be said, just that they have an important naval base in Coronessea and they are the only ones who have siege weaponry, mainly catapults, plus they have a good fleet), Cassopeans (They are the most balanced faction in the game, some would say the weakest, i would say the most challenging), last but not least are the Amphilochean Argives (In South Epirus, they have good units like the Argive Equeta and medium fleet).

The gameplay is pretty easy to understand. There are no Goldmines in the map. Most units are bought with the cost of lumber. Although, there are some special units for each faction, that can only be trained after you have acquired gold for Pelasgean bandits in the east (land of Thessaly) or from a variety of other sources.

What's actually pretty awesome is each faction's hero and his part in Human History and/or Greek Mythology. (E.g Tiresias, hero of the faction of the Cassopeans is mentioned in Homer's Odyssey).

When it comes to models i must admit that i used already existing models from World Editor. However i think that the map is quite good for a starter like me.

This is the first complete version of the map. I don't know if i'm going to release a later version at some point of time but that depends on what people think about this particular version. I am also thinking of adding the Pelasgean bandits as a playable faction situated in the east. Tell me in the comments if you want that to happen.

In addition i would like to give credit to all the people who helped me in this [No-one did :( ]
and all the people who will help me by playing this map. Enjoy!!! :D

Keywords:
Greece, ancient, Epirus, hoplite, spartan, Dorian, Ambracia, Rome, Roman, Antiquity, Navy, Battleship, siege, Argos, Orrhaon, Thessaly, Hercules
Contents

Conquest of Epirus (Map)

Reviews
08:13, 12th Sep 2015 Shadow Fury: Lengthen your description and add more information. Currently. I do not really know if this is acceptable so it would be better to make your description longer to avoid problems.

M

08:13, 12th Sep 2015
Shadow Fury: Lengthen your description and add more information. Currently. I do not really know if this is acceptable so it would be better to make your description longer to avoid problems.