• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Concept Art - Under Development

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Here I'm going to post the concept art. This night I'll post one of the ideas. As soon as one concept is approved by the staff, we will decide if we post it to the public.

Stay tunned :)

Request from Nasrudin said:
Hi there!

These are the races who can train as a warrior:

Human (male)
[self=http://forums.hiveworkshop.com/showthread.php?p=221168#post221168]Nightelf (male or female, whatever you prefer)[/self] [self=http://www.forums.hiveworkshop.com/showthread.php?p=224075#post224075]Improved female warrior[/self] OK
Dwarf (male)
Tauren (male)
Orc (male)
Troll (male)
Undead (male)

Only two things here: please try to keep in line with each race style. And, since unfortunately isn't possible to change the armor via attachments, it will have to look the same for all the game; so it will need to look not too heavy for a level 1 and not too weak for a level 60.
If you need more details just let me know. Thanks for your help. ^^

Last edited:
Level 15
Night Elf Armor

Ok, this is the first concept art. I know the female elf has serious proportions issues, but I left it anyways in order to show a possible armor.

Small picture
NE Armor small.jpg
Full size Picture

Critics and comments are needed.

Last edited:
Level 17
Sorry for the delay, I had some family problems in the last days...

Well, the model is half done by now, it *should* be done for tomorrow (if I don't get any other inconveniences). This is the wireframe; I think I got the proportions right this time, and that was the difficult part.

Attachments

• ss0264.jpg
    ss0264.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 28
Level 17
I'm not too sure what to do with the hips and upper legs armor... I have no throuble for the rest. Your concept is very nice, and with the right amount of details, much appreciated Moyack. :)

Sword and shield are just placeholders btw; I've decided to make some attachments too for the demo.

Attachments

• ss0266.jpg
    ss0266.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Level 15
I'm not too sure what to do with the hips and upper legs armor... I have no throuble for the rest. Your concept is very nice, and with the right amount of details, much appreciated Moyack. :)

Sword and shield are just placeholders btw; I've decided to make some attachments too for the demo.
Ok, I 'll try to get time this weekend to do that concepts (fucking real life :p)

Just one question: The idea now is to make EVERY base unit (only wearing underwear) and complement them with attachments??

Level 17
Ok, I 'll try to get time this weekend to do that concepts (fucking real life :p)

Just one question: The idea now is to make EVERY base unit (only wearing underwear) and complement them with attachments??

Nonono, there's no need to make another draw just for it, I just wanted some quick opinions. :p

Making armor attachments unfortunately is quite hard, because most of the body parts follow up to three bones, and the mesh (3d part of the model) gets deformed according to the movement. If you place a static mesh upon it, (since attachments can only be linked to one bone), that will cause weird things like some of the armor pieces cutting through the flesh in some animations, or through each other... (actually, it *might* be possible for a few models, but there are some classes who wear robes, and those will be excluded by default. Having attachment for some classes only seems unfair to me...)

Looking good, Nas. Is the skin still a WIP?
Custom WoW weapon attachments? Sounds new! I like it :)

Yes, of course. It's just a base skin, Archian might retouch it.

EDIT: I'm attaching the current model, so you can see it better. :)

Attachments

• war.zip
    90.9 KB · Views: 27
  • NEwar2.zip
    91.1 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Level 15
Female warrior improved

Ok, as I promised, I did an improved NE female warrior. C&C are welcome. Nasrudin: I hope this can be useful with your NE model :)
Female NE Warrior - small.jpg

EDIT: Fucking shit!!! I had to delete one concept art in order to attach this picture, the attachment size in this site is quite small!!! I'm so sad :(

One question: may I post this in WC3C in the concept art section??? or you want this only for your eyes??

Last edited:
Level 17
One question: may I post this in WC3C in the concept art section??? or you want this only for your eyes??

Sure, go ahead. :)

Now my comment: in terms of detail and decoration, I couldn't ask for better; a thing I find throubling, however, is that some important parts are left uncovered (legs, stomach).
I know that's the way Blizzard designed the NE (and females in general), but in this case, it doesn't fit too well, imo (though I have a half idea for the leg armor now, no need for another draw :s).

Still, the concept is nice, I love the way you did the armor; if I'll ever find the time to rig and animate a skirt like to that one, I'd definitely use it for an npc or special character.

Props for the sword too, I'll be sure to make an attachment for that. =)

Thanks a lot!

EDIT: Moyack, come online one of this days. PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Last edited:
Level 25
I recently found a "Dynamic Anatomy" drawing book with a bunch of drawings of Human's anatomy and faces and information on how to draw it and special techniques to do it better. Ever since I've been using it, my art is sorta coming out better. Well... I'll make some sort of concept art, maybe for Humans or Orcs. Only two races I'm best at drawing lol

Status
Not open for further replies.