• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Computer shutdown after startup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Hai again! I got another problem with my comp. :sad:
When I start my computer, it shutdowns again.
I think it's a virus or something, I think it's something to do with the BIOS, MSDos things, because, I downloaded a program, and opened it, and that program opened an MsDos thing. Because shutdown after a couple of seconds.
Then I just started it again, it doesn't show any signs of errors, when Windows Vista has loaded, and it's just about to go to the log on screen, the computer shutdowns again, over and over. Then I tried Safe Mode, but it didn't work either. This totally sucks! :angry:
But it could also be something with the windows folder, or an program that starts at the startup. I have also tried to reinstall Vista, but I just can't install it, i replaced the Harddrive to an empty one, and tried to install, but it said something with a missing file. But I also had this Harddrive plugged in to the computer before it happened. So I just upplugged my original Harddrive.
Anyone who knows how to fix this?
:cry:

I would like to kick the balls out of the guys who are making these damn viruses.

Level 11
I had the same problem, but now i have the solution for this and it succesfully works. I had Windows XP professional on my computer. So i had to get windows XP professional, then i changed my computer BIOS to boot from DVD/CD drive. Then i restarted my computer and it did that and then it asked me if i wanted to reformat or repair the disk. So i typed in "R" and it took me to recovery console and then in there i typed "CHKDSK" after few minutes it came with results and then after this i typed in "FIXBOOT" and pressed enter. This command makes a new startup sector on the system partition. After that i typed in exit and then it restarted my computer. After your restart it will ask if you want to start your system in safe mode, regular mode and other mode. Than choose the "last good configuration" and after that your computer starts normally with no BSOD problems or error and you still have all the data available on your computer.

Try that or something o.....O

Level 16
Thanks for the help, but it didn't change anything. I tried to boot from CD and i got past the start up, then I came to the login screen, then nothing moore happend. There was no users or anything. Nothing I could select.
I don't know how I can repair with the CD or anything.. :/
When i start, and boots from the Harddrive, it says that I can repair and things. But How do I get to this repair menu?

Level 16
I've tried that.. After the "Windows is loading files" thing, nothing happends, it's just a background..

EDIT: Alright, it worked, I just had to wait a moment, I tried to repair the OS, but it didn't work, any moore solutions?

What do you think about formating the Hardrive? Shouldn't that work?
But I dunno how I can do that whitout entering windows. :/

EDIT2:
yey, I fixed it. ^^
I just had to reinstall all my programs.. But my music and pictures I still got. :D
If anyone also gets this error, I got the solution. Maybe not the best, but it works.

Last edited:
Level 9
Safe Boot with no networking -> msconfig start up entries analize, disable the unwanted ones and an eventualy system restore.

Status
Not open for further replies.