• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Computer problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
I seem to be having an overheating on my computer, and I no idea how to isolate the cause. This overheating happens whenever I play video games or leave WorldEditor on for too long.
It's been happening for some time now and I have no idea why - and I ruled out that one of the causes cannot be an infection because I throughly scan my computer regularly and I only find minor things from time-to-time.

Can anyone help me resolve this issue?

EDIT: Ahh I found the solution. Apparently I need to remove the dust from my computer (I never do it, didn't know I had to.)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Be warned that some graphic cards like the 8800 GT can overheat even if perfectly clean when running some video games like SC2.

Basically, not all hardware is provided with ample cooling so if you overheat and it is not caused by dust, you will have to graphic quality.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Using a vacume cleaner and brush works prety well. I have done it a dozen times on multiple computers and they seem no worse the ware.

Compressed air just blows the dust into the air, it will settle soon afterwards eithor in your environment or back in your computer. That is unless you have something to remove it from the air like a fan blowing it outside (who cares about dust outside) or some sort of air filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.