• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Completely Black

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hey guys... I've been wondering how I get my screen to become completely black, like in the opening cinematic of Night of the Dead: Aftermath - there is no cinematic mode interface at the top or bottom, nothing - its completely black. However, you can see models and the game world perfectly.

Do I have to set the game interface to nothing (or a custom one that is black)?

Thanks.

Level 4
I have messed with them. I suppose what I meant was that you can see everything just fine, but the UI is all gone.

Level 4
There is no player - pause player or anything of the sort.

The only things similar to that would be:

Game - Pause Game (which doesn't work)

and

Unit - Pause all Units (which doesn't work)

Any other ideas?

Level 4
All Disable User Control does is hide the mouse (and not let you scroll or actually do anything).

Here's a screenshot of what I was talking about:

Thanks again.

Level 8
Oh. That's just cinematic mode.

Cinematic Mode - Turns cinematic mode on or off for a player group
Letterbox Mode On - Turns letterbox mode on
Disable User Control - Disables user control for a player group.

Those three functions (all under the "Cinematic" category) will produce the desired result.

Level 3
If u want to hide UI(make it all black like in some cinematics) then u need to import custum texture and replace paths to it in Advanced-Game Interface.

Level 6
OR... u can do this easy thing called... listen... not turning on letterbox mode, but have player disabled and have the terrain black... :D hope that helps, o and btw in that map the ground is pitch black , thats y it is black not because of something they did with triggers.

Level 4
No problem, Tonks. Thanks for trying.

• Melee Initialization
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Cinematic - Fade out over 0.00 seconds using texture Black Mask and color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 0.00% transparency

Black mask doesn't work. I tried that a long time ago.

Use the action operator mentioned above, if it does not work you may need to try using it 0.01 seconds after map int.

I've been using .10 seconds after map init the entire time.

If u want to hide UI(make it all black like in some cinematics) then u need to import custum texture and replace paths to it in Advanced-Game Interface.

Thats what I thought. But in the map that I took a screenshot of, the opening cinematic was black, then when it was over, the interface was back (sure, it was custom, but hey!), and you could play it. I don't think that there's a trigger to switch out the interface, but I haven't looked too thoroughly.

OR... u can do this easy thing called... listen... not turning on letterbox mode, but have player disabled and have the terrain black... :D hope that helps, o and btw in that map the ground is pitch black , thats y it is black not because of something they did with triggers.

How would you make the terrain pitch black? Boundary areas aren't nearly dark enough. Oh, wait - I forgot the outland Abyss area. Let me try it out.

Thanks for the feedback, all.

Edit: I can't add abyss tiles to my custom tileset, so that won't work... any other ideas?

Level 4
I got the screen to be completely black by applying a custom camera with an angle of attack of 0, but the interface is still there.

Any ideas on how to get rid of it?

Level 3
Thats what I thought. But in the map that I took a screenshot of, the opening cinematic was black, then when it was over, the interface was back (sure, it was custom, but hey!), and you could play it. I don't think that there's a trigger to switch out the interface, but I haven't looked too thoroughly.
Then dont replace interface that is seen ingame, just replace cinematic mode interface. When u turn off cinematic mode, ingame interface should be there.

Level 4
Then dont replace interface that is seen ingame, just replace cinematic mode interface. When u turn off cinematic mode, ingame interface should be there.

Alright - do you know where I can find the appropriate black interface? I tried none.blp, and that just shows up as green.

Thanks again!

Level 4
It uses .blps. I've only been able to make the cinematic border black, leaving this gray rectangle across the bottom of the screen. Is there any way to make that part black as well?

Level 3
I looked in some cinematics and i saw this paths replaced:
Image - Game Menu Border
Image - Game Menu Blank Backraund
Image - Game Menu Backround
Image - Cinematic Border
Image - Console Backround
Image - Console Button Backround
Take note that this is going to affect game menu backrounds(like when u pres F10 the backround will be black)

Level 10
The earth model from NOTD AM is placed on the ground, at a normal point with normal terrain. You first of all make sure that undiscovered places of the map remains black untill you explore it(can't explain this better)
Now place the earth on an unexplored place and give the the earth about 1 sight range or maybe more..

I'm not quite sure that this will work, but i know that they did something like that in NOTD.

Level 4
They could have created the doodad that HeretoDLstuff was talking about, and then just destroyed it.

I haven't had time to test it out yet, but I'll let you know later today.

Level 3
No problem, Tonks. Thanks for trying.

Black mask doesn't work. I tried that a long time ago.

I've been using .10 seconds after map init the entire time.

How would you make the terrain pitch black? Boundary areas aren't nearly dark enough. Oh, wait - I forgot the outland Abyss area. Let me try it out.

Thanks for the feedback, all.

Edit: I can't add abyss tiles to my custom tileset, so that won't work... any other ideas?
Boundary tiles is probably how the map maker did it. I think they're pretty dang dark, so just try it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.