• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Cinematic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
im a noob at triggering i mean a COMPLETE noob! And i dont know how to make a cinematic start when a unit enters a region id this
Events
A unit enters region
Condition
Triggering unit equal to hero
Actions
Apply camera object 1 for player 1 red over 0.20 seconds
Turn cinematic mode on for all players
But.. When ANY unit enters region it keeps replaying the same cinematic Why is this happening?:sad:

Level 32
You must specify a condition to initiate the sequence of actions. Your trigger does not HAVE to be started by the Unit - Unit Enters Region event; as an alternative you could use Unit - Unit Within Range and then set a condition referring to any destructible, point or unit.

Here's an example of a trigger I created for my own map. This trigger illustrates the use of a few of the many available cinematic elements.

• S002 Fisherwoman
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters 000 Allanon Start <gen>
    • Conditions
      • (Triggering unit) Equal to Druid of Paranor 0003 <gen>
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
      • Trigger - Turn off S002 Select Fisherwoman <gen>
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Necklace of Spell Immunity) Equal to Necklace of Spell Immunity 0061 <gen>
        • Then - Actions
          • Quest - Display to (All players) the Secret message: |c0000ff00You have ...
          • Unit - Order Villager (Female) 0060 <gen> to Move To ((Point(-17570.00, -11780.00)) offset by (0.00, 0.00))
          • Wait 3.00 seconds
          • Unit - Make Villager (Female) 0060 <gen> face Villager (Male 2) 0059 <gen> over 1.00 seconds
          • Cinematic - Disable user control for (All players)
          • Cinematic - Turn cinematic mode On for (All players)
          • Cinematic - Turn on letterbox mode (hide interface) for (All players): fade out over 2.00 seconds
          • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Druid of Paranor 0003 <gen> named Allanon: Play No sound and display Have a care on your.... Modify duration: Set to 8.00 seconds and Wait
          • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Villager (Female) 0060 <gen> named Cine: Play No sound and display I lost my favorite .... Modify duration: Set to 5.00 seconds and Wait
          • Cinematic - Turn off letterbox mode (show interface) for (All players): fade in over 2.00 seconds
          • Cinematic - Turn cinematic mode Off for (All players)
          • Cinematic - Enable user control for (All players)
          • Quest - Display to (All players) the Quest Discovered message: |cffffcc00To return...
        • Else - Actions
          • Cinematic - Disable user control for (All players)
          • Cinematic - Turn cinematic mode On for (All players)
          • Cinematic - Turn on letterbox mode (hide interface) for (All players): fade out over 2.00 seconds
          • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Druid of Paranor 0003 <gen> named Allanon: Play No sound and display Have a care on your.... Modify duration: Set to 8.00 seconds and Wait
          • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Villager (Female) 0060 <gen> named Cine: Play No sound and display I lost my favorite .... Modify duration: Set to 5.00 seconds and Wait
          • Wait 2.00 seconds
          • Unit - Order Villager (Female) 0060 <gen> to Attack Tichondrius 0006 <gen>
          • Cinematic - Turn off letterbox mode (show interface) for (All players): fade in over 4.00 seconds
          • Cinematic - Turn cinematic mode Off for (All players)
          • Cinematic - Enable user control for (All players)
Just experiment with the many possibilities until you achieve the desired effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.