• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Cinematic pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Cinematic pictures+added an bridge

I just started to remake my very old cinematic. It should go arround 1hour or less.

Just finished one starting scene.

What do you think?

Attachments

• dragon1.JPG
    dragon1.JPG
    149.9 KB · Views: 311
  • dragon2.JPG
    dragon2.JPG
    101.3 KB · Views: 312
  • dragon3.JPG
    dragon3.JPG
    148.8 KB · Views: 298
  • dragon4.JPG
    dragon4.JPG
    117.5 KB · Views: 339
  • attachment.jpg
    attachment.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 209
  • untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    85.5 KB · Views: 192
  • city.JPG
    city.JPG
    161.4 KB · Views: 141
  • city1.JPG
    city1.JPG
    156.8 KB · Views: 105
  • city2.JPG
    city2.JPG
    147.1 KB · Views: 127
  • city3.JPG
    city3.JPG
    178.2 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
Level 36
Some of the trees and rocks etc. need to be lowered because they are floating a bit.

Also, when doing closeup shots (like the path one with the flowers) you need to be careful about placement in the foreground. Basically, try to cover up the ground as much as possible so people don't see the ugly textures :]

Level 12
I do not see any floating tree. Can you describe which of them?

Well, these pics are not from views which will be in the cinematic, but I dont like to show in-game shots, it should be some kind of surprise (its a comedy)

Level 12
my graphic card end its life, and I am working on card based in the motherboard-thats why the textures may look ugly (specialy the tilesets)

That tree is not floating, it can look that but it isnt, i will put something there

I take care about fog, 50% of terrain is about fog.

The cinematic is parody. Looong time ago (in 2004) I made one cinematic, 45-minute long parody, but couse it is 5 years ago, and I lost that map, I am making this remake. (not below 1hour I guess :), but It will be separated in few maps in one campaign)

Level 12
Just started to terraining human city, but it is going slow, just 4 minutes done.

EDIT:3 more pics and the human city is created, maybe some flags and other little thing will be added, but now I can film the cinematic within the city

Level 8
Good, very good. 5th image staircase leading to the bridge, perhaps if you made a custom version of the double columns and give them a pitch of -1.57 you can use them to fill in the space between the ground and the bottom of the stairs?

As is I am hard pressed to understand why the builders decided to build that huge structure when they could have more easily leveled the land next to it and built a road. Perhaps you can flatten the left hand land bit and make waterfalls crashing down to the water. Break up the right hand bit of land, make it look like a chain of islands, in other words make it a reasonable project to build a massive structure like that to get somewhere.

8th image, the hallways where you are at ground level, perhaps increase the Z Offset - 100 to 300 should raise the camera a bit. While I understand the need to get a 'ground level' perspective, unfortunately the tiles and 'floors' usually look a wee bit off that close up. I note that the same issue applies to the first image I assume you have more going in and will figure out a wa to cover the blurred yuck of foreground road/rock.

Last image, the outer wall model. I am unfamiliar with it however its tinting slightly jars with the tinting of the arches and other building material. While it worked rather well as is as paving stone, as upright walls with the arches against it it looks wrong. Perhaps you can play with the walls tinting a tad to blend it in with the archways and other structures, or play with the tinting of the arches and other structural material to match better the exterior fortress walls.

since this is a cinematic I assume cameras will be panning and moving so I do not know if you need more stuff, environmental like grass, shrubs, shrooms, blah or if this is enough for the project. Mind while we have the chance to stare and pick apart these still images, in cinematic sequences the watcher will not pick up as readily the fine details and having a less cluttered image usually does work better, allows the viewer to focus on what the producer wants the focus on.

I look forward to seeing this cinematic when it comes out. :thumbs_up:

Level 4
On the 2nd picture, such a big battleship in such a small river does not make any sense, especially because of that bridge on its way.

Status
Not open for further replies.