• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Cinematic and Boss Battle Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Here are my ideas for one of the boss battles taking place in my ORPG:

The boss is located in a cave and is a large dark cyclops. The room he's in is circular with sharp rocks hanging from the top as well as designs of the floor. The walls also have designs on them and the place is really sandy. The entrance is a large door with rocks on top of it and 2 torches on each side. When entering the room, the boss is asleep and here's the door open and close. The camera zoomes to his face and you see his eye open. He then quickly gets up and starts banging his chest while howling at the same time. The camera then looks at the player hero's as they run and quickly try to surround the cyclops. The cyclops stops then and begins pounding the ground while small rocks from the ceiling fall. The boss nae then appears on the bottom of the screen. The cinematic finishes. When fighting the boss, he walks slowly to you and if you are unlucky and too close, well then he hits you so hard that you fly and hit the wall causing you to be stunned for 3 seconds. The boss at his first stage moves slowly and every 50 seconds, he slams the ground with is hands and causes sharp rocks to fall in random area's dealing damage. The boss isn't much affected by melee attacks but melee spells will be a much better use against him. When he is half way done the first stage, he slams his hands and a red glow appears on his hands. These glows make him attack 3 times quicker so watch out not to get hit by him. After the first stage, the boss starts screaming and covering his body due to the pain. He then falls to the ground and breathes for 1 second, gets up and starts howling and running at quick speeds. In this stage, the boss moves much quicker but with a much smaller chance of knockback. Warriors, this is your chance to stun and attack him. Once to many warriors are beside him, if 30 seconds past since the last time he used this move, he jumps into the air, and falls causing a large shockwave around him push back all units beside him. Also, in this stage, the cyclops uses a shockwave that has a 40 second cooldown at the unit farthest, but in range. This shockwave causes him to channel energy into his hand for 2 seconds giving you a warning. At this time, I suggest you run away in order not to get slammed to the walls. The cyclops also makes rocks fall from the ceiling at the same rate as before. After you damage the cyclops to his final stage, the cyclops gets really angry and starts gaining large amounts of power. He starts turning a bit more red and rocks around him start to rise. He then lets them fall with a loud battle cry and beggins by jumping at a random hero. In this stage, the cyclops jumps at his target every 20 seconds and instead of randomly making rocks fall from the ceiling, he causes them to fall when he falls onto the ground. Only good thing about this is that they also fall on the cyclops just not as much and by the next time he jumps, he will regenerate the health he lost so take advantage of this attack. The cyclops also attacks quicker and runs at you. So now you think, when do I strike? Well, he can't run the whole time so after his jump attacks, he actually waits to regenerate. After 5 seconds of regenerating, all stun buffs he has at the moment will be lost. So quickly stun him after. Once you end the final stage, the cyclops grabs his head, sways his head in a semicircle 2 times, then begins to kneel down and gets up on his knees and opens his hands out and howls. After that, he falls to the ground first on his hands, then he lets go and simply dies. He gives you all items to help you fight the next boss.

Please tell me if this is good or tell me what to change or improve.

Level 12
Very Big amount of text. It hit me in the face.
Anyway, i thought there was a little too much melee fighting. Tone it down a bit to a simple 'dodge these spells' phase.
I presume you read 'Creating a Boss Fight' by Asomath in the tutorials section. If not give a crack in it.
Also, another recource is thre thread in my sig called 'single player bossfights' also started by Asomath. The campaign idea, has nothing to do with the thread, just it is where it is located.

Status
Not open for further replies.