• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Chat message selection problem !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hello and thx for even being bothered to look. My problem is that a chat message typed by (owner of unit) or (owner of item) has no response. if i have, player1red type it in the actions will work. I have already placed the dummy units in for the (owned unit). My key thread is : (owner of "orb of slow") types a message of type- blabla bla, the actions placed wont work, may someone help me please. :sad:

Level 9
Thats a respons for the event: i want a reaction for it.
  • Events: player (owner of barracks 0028<gen>) types a chat message containing -set tax 50 As an exact match.
  • Actions: unit - set life of (Paladin)0570<gen> to 50.
The life of the paladin dosnt change, so if im owner of the barracks and i type that in, nothing happens.:cry:

Because when the owner changes the event will still only check for the first owner.
You need to check for the owner in the conditions box and register all player chat events.

Dude that was exactly what I said.
And by the way, posting the solution script doesn't help people actually.

It's better to hell how they can do it and to let them solve it alone. It brings a great learn effect and they are glad that they solved it with a little help themself.

Last edited:
Some guy that simply uses:
  • player (owner of barracks 0028<gen>) types a chat message containing -set tax 50 As an exact match.
as an event is someone that isn't really aware of triggering. I know you said that (not that I actually noticed your reply, but anyway), but he obviously wouldn't realize what "register chat events" means. If this means that much to you, I will delete my message.

Users can still post again if they need further help.
Our job is actually to help them finding the solution, not to give them the full solution for everything they ask.

You didn't had to remove the post, I just wanted to tell you that you seem to be very helpful and friendly but you are giving away the solution, not the way how to solve. This makes users lazy and will not help them.

Thanks for removing the post though.

Status
Not open for further replies.