• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Chat Action

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hey everyone,

I was wondering if there is a JASS action or a GUI action which allows it to make a chat, like for example just I wanted to say "Hello", it will show in the bottom like a chat with that message. I don't want to use Game Dialogs or as such, but the real thing of chatting.

Is there a way to do so? If not, I could probably do the other method, though it may not be as effective.

Andy Phan.

Level 15
Well, you can do it, but its not very friendly. You will need jass. I dont understand much jass, or how the chat would work, but heres my guess: You will need floating text thats only visible for one player. The floatign text, must also change its position constantly, based on the current view of the player. Ask Snaky if you get to him, or maybe IllidanEvil(x), thoose are Jassers that spanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.