• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Changing the Model?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey! This is taken from a previous post of mine, but it should work too (just ignore where it says copy or duplicated unit).

I was having the actors problem too.

I don't know if this is the proper way to go about it, but what I did was this:

1. Go to the Actors tab in the data editor and duplicate whatever model you want to use. (I used Baneling in the example). PICTURE

2. Assign the [copied/duplicated] actor to the [copied] unit. PIC. 1 / PIC. 2

3. Check the copied unit to see if the actor was propperly linked. PICTURE

Hope this helps!

Level 22
How do you exactly change the model? When you copy+paste an Actor and change its unitname to your custom unit, the line that contains the Unit Model hides, all that remain are the Portrait and some deaths models... The Actor part with Unit Model (Not Portrait) does not show if Actor is not selected Default UnitName there is no model ... Wtf

Status
Not open for further replies.