• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Changing Text

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Game Interface | Changing Text

In the Game Interface options, you can alter all of the menus names for when they're disabled, except the chat log's. Does anyone know how to change it?

I'll take a screenshot to show you what I'm talking about.
EDIT: This.

2yvo21c.png

Last edited:
Level 8
I believe it is hard coded. The Blizzard employees must have not noticed it or were too lazy, since the disabled Log, Chat Log, and Menu buttons only become visible when accessing any of those menus from the overhead bar.

Level 26
It is not shown in the editor, still can be manually inputted into the war3mapSkin.txt (which is overwritten everytime you save)

under [FrameDef]

LOG=<string>

the active log variant is

KEY_LOG=<string>

I tried to alter the SkinMetaData.slk in order to make the field displayed within the editor, which is possible, but the editor outsources its given string values into the wts-table and the game does not seem to like converting the TRIGSTR of the disabled log, quite odd.

edit: You can flag a field to detain the WE from outsourcing it.

Load the attached file, unpack it into your Warcraft III\UI directory, restart the editor. In the interface editor, you can toggle to raw data view, then press a few times "L" to find the field.

Attachments

• SkinMetaData.rar
    10.6 KB · Views: 50
Level 26
You do not have to re-enter them. For example, you could use the ConstantMerger of GrimExt in JNGP and write an external call into the script in order to reintegrate the LOG-change on every save.

JASS:
//! externalblock extension=lua ConstantMerger $FILENAME$
    //! i setvalue("FrameDef", "LOG", "eat more broccoli")
//! endexternalblock

No, the SkinMetaData.slk I uploaded only has that one additional field in comparison to the standard one, so the editor looks it up, you can modify the field and thereby tell the editor to include it when saving. It's the same as with any other field.

Status
Not open for further replies.