• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Change current cooldown of ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hi folks!
I'm currently working on a hero with several abilities, all triggered stuff.. but I have the following problem:
I'm in need of setting an ability into cooldown without using it - preferably to the same amount another specified unit has, or at least to kick the cooldown starting (1st solution would allow me to do another hero i've got in mind and would be useless without shared cooldowns).

Is there any way to read an ability's current cooldown (or if the ability is in cooldown or not)? If so, how?
I've tried searching for it, but found nothing.

+Rep & credits for any explanations, useful links to threads answering this question and other help :)

Level 9
in general, it is impossible to read or manipulate the cooldown of any spells.
its a feature that is not modifiable in warcraft III.
the option we have on is just refreshes them all or not,
(well, people have found the way to refresh some abilities instead of all)
unless you make your own cooldown system.

and its also impossible to initiate an ability cooldown without using it.
i remember someone trying to make a cooldown system with some feature that you need,
you might want to search his thread on Google.

Status
Not open for further replies.