• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

CarrionSwarm Bug need help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
i think all the experts know it but if the speed of the spell Carrionswarm is too fast and the area effect is low, theres a bug that happens, that, sometimes the spells hits an unit but doesnt damage it. i need help on how to fix it because my map is a shooting map based on WoW and i need fast bullets and hard to hit (low area of effect).

one more thing:

Carrionswarm has an attachment point when it hits the enemy and a dark stuff covers the target for a few seconds... i tried removing it on the Art-Attachments part but no success. can anyone help?

thanks

Level 6
Raydrik said:
Carrionswarm has an attachment point when it hits the enemy and a dark stuff covers the target for a few seconds... i tried removing it on the Art-Attachments part but no success.

remove the buff from the ability or remove the attachments of that buff. this should work...

for your other question i dont have any idea how to solve that, sry. :?

Level 4
thanks

i was told that the Carrionswarm (and shockwave aswell) is not a "line". its like a trigger that every X seconds order to damage a circle area (size of the circle = area effect). the circles forms a line and the faster the spell is (move speed of the projectile) the bigger is the gap between the circles...

so ive been wondering, is there a way to make a trigger work like this?

Level 7
For like a cone shape, yeah. Use that damage target action. Create a dummy spell. When it is cast, damage the target(s) within range and area.

Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 1000.00 of (Position of (Casting unit)) matching (((Angle from (Position of (Casting unit)) to (Position of (Picked unit))) Less than or equal to ((Angle from (Position of (Casting unit)) to (Target point of ability being cast)) + 10.00)) and ((Angle from (Position of (Casting unit)) to (Position of (Picked unit))) Greater than or equal to ((Angle from (Position of (Casting unit)) to (Target point of ability being cast)) - 10.00)) and (( and do (Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing 50.00 damage of attack type Pierce and damage type Normal)

And I'll leave it up to you to remove those nasty memory leaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.