• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Can you help me make a shadow meld aura?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I was reading this post about shadowmeld looking for a way to desactivate it, and this guy was saying his shadow meld was doing a aura effect. Then I totally tought it be good has a vampire ability : Cloak of the gathering. But I cannot reproduce this anomaly to my advantage.

So far I have tried this.

1- In custom gameplay constants I have unchecked the Invisible units bestow auras. To make it possible.
2- I have put an area effect in the shadowmeld ability.
3- I have put allowed targets in shadow meld ability.

But seemingly it does'nt work. Windwalk could be an alternative, but I wonder if it could work? Is it even possible at all.

Do You boys and girls (any girls on this site?) have any clue that can help me out?

(please no trigers on this one, except if it is a useful script)I am afraid using triggers it would get very laggy, has each time a unit will come in range of unit the trigger will be checked. Imagine when the units is surrounded by enemy units, fighting and casting spells?

As always, Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
Level 9
make a dummy aura with a buff...
then make a trigger that gives all unit with that buff shadowmeld...

Status
Not open for further replies.