• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Can war3mapSkin.txt be used to create custom localized strings?

Level 24
Hello, I was testing a bit with the war3mapSkin.txt file to see if I can create custom localized strings, I mean I can just create a custom tag for them like "Y_AHORA=Espero que funcione" and then use:

Display (Localize(Y_AHORA))

And it worked, in printed "Espero que funcione", and then tested if I can do it for each locale to see if I can print different texts for different languages of the game and also worked, I don't know if I'm the first one that found this because I couldn't find any other thread about this so probably is a reason that none say something about this, so I'm asking if there is a problem with trying this?

The only issue I found if I reopen the map in the editor with the various war3mapSkin.txt files in it and then save it again when I changed the language of the game then the default war3mapSkin.txt gets overwritten for the file of the locale I'm using, but is not hard to overcome that issue, pls tell me if there is something else.

Nice, did not know that one can create localized strings that way. They even survive Save&Load unlike fdf StringList.
One thing you did no mention, in Reforged one can add a suffix :<languageCodeTag> to the key, then it is only used by language x. Means one could put all such in one file (in Warcraft 3 V 1.32+).
Code:
TestString=Default String
TestString:deDE=Deutscher String
TestString:enUS=English String

Level 24
Nice, did not know that one can create localized strings that way. They even survive Save&Load unlike fdf StringList.
One thing you did no mention, in Reforged one can add a suffix :<languageCodeTag> to the key, then it is only used by language x. Means one could put all such in one file (in Warcraft 3 V 1.32+).
Code:
TestString=Default String
TestString:deDE=Deutscher String
TestString:enUS=English String
Thanks, and I didn't know that I can add those suffixes, I just created a different file for each locales like with war3map.wts