• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Can i run starcraft 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
hey i was wondering if i can run starcraft 2 lagless with this pc? i can afford to updrade it if needed.

MSI 870A-G54, Socket-AM3
ATX, AMD 870+SB850, DDR3, SATA 6Gb/s, USB3.0, 2xPC

PowerColor Radeon HD 5830 1GB GDDR5
PCI-Express 2.0, "PCS+", 2xDVI-I, HDMI, DisplayPor

Crucial DDR3 BallistiX 1333MHz 2GB
Non-ECC, 1.65V, 240pin, CL7-7-7-24 yah only 2gb ram... fail...

AMD Phenom II X6 1055T
Six Core, 2,8GHZ/3,3GHz Turbo, AM3, 9MB, 125W, Box

Level 3
Can this laptop run it ?

Specs:
AMD Phenom II Triple-Core N830 2,1 GHz 1,5 MB L2 Cache
4Gb ram 2+2
ATI Mobility Radeon HD5650 1gb DirectX 11, Shader Model 5.0, OpenGL 3.1
500gb hard disc
Win 7 home 64bit
SC2 and what details .

Level 22
Didnt you see the system specs? 4 GB ddr, 1 GB video not enough? You can run it on ultra but it may lag so high graphics&texturessettings may work best for you due to the lower processor.

As I said, Beta phase 2 caused lag when I was playing on high graphics unlike phase 1 , hope the full game can be played on high w/o watching slideshow battle

Level 3
I just wanted to ask ppl coz i could not find benchmarks or something like that
and they improved graphic in beta phase 2 , anyway thank you ppl .
Damn just 5 days to relase . I cant wait longer :D

Level 9
Why is it, that every time someone post another "Can I run this" thread.. I'm first like, oh, someone with an older PC than mine, haha.. Then I look, and it's some 1000$+ completely new PC that can run it on ultra with 110 fps.

And the fact that you post "i can afford to upgrade it if needed." is just mean.

Forgot it was a laptop sorry.. You can probably run it on medium pretty smooth

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Yes, the graphics in phase 2 were optimized to look better while consuming less resources. Honestly if your laptop has any decent new graphic card (DX11 is prety new) and a 2 Ghz or faster dual or more core with 2 GB of RAM or more you will run it wasilly no question.

Its like asking will me intel core I7 with 6 GB DDR3 and nvidia GTX275 run it on low... Ofcourse it will and the same goes for your computer.

However running it on ultra is a different question (mine can run it on ultra but your the guy asking so forget about me), and I suspect you might not be able to in many custom maps. Your processor, although tri core and past 2 Ghz, is still quite slow and the game only really benifits from 2 cores so if anything heavy on the CPU starts up (like a badly made custom map) you could find the graphics starting to stutter on ultra due to the higher CPU load. Additionally your graphic card is not the strongest compared to desktop cards so with enough geometry on screen or effects occuring you might hit low framerate.

However you can hardly expect top range performance from a laptop. What is certain is you should have no problem running the game as long as the drivers let it start.

Level 3
Yes, the graphics in phase 2 were optimized to look better while consuming less resources. Honestly if your laptop has any decent new graphic card (DX11 is prety new) and a 2 Ghz or faster dual or more core with 2 GB of RAM or more you will run it wasilly no question.

Its like asking will me intel core I7 with 6 GB DDR3 and nvidia GTX275 run it on low... Ofcourse it will and the same goes for your computer.

However running it on ultra is a different question (mine can run it on ultra but your the guy asking so forget about me), and I suspect you might not be able to in many custom maps. Your processor, although tri core and past 2 Ghz, is still quite slow and the game only really benifits from 2 cores so if anything heavy on the CPU starts up (like a badly made custom map) you could find the graphics starting to stutter on ultra due to the higher CPU load. Additionally your graphic card is not the strongest compared to desktop cards so with enough geometry on screen or effects occuring you might hit low framerate.

However you can hardly expect top range performance from a laptop. What is certain is you should have no problem running the game as long as the drivers let it start.

I count with some laggs because in large lategame fights it laggs always no matter how strong computer is ... Wow man you must be rly professional in computer technology thanks for your advice anyway .

You can play ultra easily with nVidia GTX 260M

This graphic card is pretty cool but coolnes means expensivity ... I search for
good preformace and good prize too ...

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
It lags because of your processor being unable to cope most likly. Especially on ultra the CPU load is extreeme and because the game only was designed for 2 main threads, it is unable to utalize the extreem resources available to tri or quad core processors.

Thus for good playing of the game at ultra with high FPS all the times you will need a post 3GHz dual core or better. However even with slower you will still be able to play most games pretty well, with only the most insane of maps or battles suffering low FPS. Laptops should probably avoid ultra due to them being slightly slower.

Specs:
AMD Phenom II Triple-Core N830 2,1 GHz 1,5 MB L2 Cache
4Gb ram 2+2
ATI Mobility Radeon HD5650 1gb DirectX 11, Shader Model 5.0, OpenGL 3.1
500gb hard disc
Win 7 home 64bit
SC2 and what details .

Well, on Low, propably yes. But i suggest you upgrade your Processor.

Why is it, that every time someone post another "Can I run this" thread.. I'm first like, oh, someone with an older PC than mine, haha.. Then I look, and it's some 1000$+ completely new PC that can run it on ultra with 110 fps.

And the fact that you post "i can afford to upgrade it if needed." is just mean.
Well, my $400 (now at least) computer, can run Sc2 in Medium, with 50FPS.
If i upgraded my processor and memory, i could propably reach Ultra with 110 FPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.