• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Can I rename hero?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't change the name dynamically, but what you can do is create an upgrade similar to the one that upgrades headhunters to troll berserkers.

To change the name of a unit from A to B, you would need two copies of the unit in the object editor. One of them would have the name A and the other would have the name B.

To change from A to B, you would research an upgrade that changes all units of the first type to the second.
Thus, all units of the name A will now have the name B.

I'm not sure if this truly works though o-o

Level 5
What else you can try is opening the object editor and go where it says "Text - Proper Names" and add how many names you want. Then make a trigger like this:

• Unit - Replace Hero with a Hero using The old unit's relative life and mana
I don't know how it will work in battles though.

Level 33
What else you can try is opening the object editor and go where it says "Text - Proper Names" and add how many names you want. Then make a trigger like this:

• Unit - Replace Hero with a Hero using The old unit's relative life and mana
I don't know how it will work in battles though.

This will work BUT if you set 3 Names for the Hero, there is 1/3 possibility that the same name will appear for the Hero, therefore it is not a wise decision

Status
Not open for further replies.