• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Campaign races

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I've set player 1's race to the race I want in "Player Properties", but whenever I start the campaign it seems to choose a random race's interface/music as if it were a normal map and I'd chosen "random" for my race. How do I make it start with the race's interface/music that I've specified?

Level 3
The campaign doesn't allow the player to choose a race. It's picking one at random. I'm wondering how to make it like the official campaigns, where throughout the Human campaign it uses the Human interface and plays Human music, and throughout the Undead campaign... etc.

I still want the music to play, just the music of one particular race, along with the interface. (By interface I mean the Night Elf leafy look, the Human castle look, the Orc spiky look, etc.)

Rui

Rui

Level 41
That you can edit going to Advanced, and selecting Game Interface. Somewhere should be the interface each race uses. It can be edited; of that, there is no doubt. Darky29, the owner of wc3search, replaced the cursor to have a spider-look, in his Return of the Dragons campaign.

To replace the musics, you have to import files to the campaign and replace their path with the original path of the musics you want to replace.

Level 3
Thanks for the help, but I'm astounded that there's not a simpler way to do this and that this seems to be such an odd question. I was expecting to feel like an idiot after someone pointed out something obvious, but I guess not.:eekani:

Level 5
I was able to set all my races to undead for my map so I can modify their UI to only be on the Undead. (So I don't have to do one for each and every single race). And it keeps them on undead =x. Not sure why you are having the problem.

Level 3
I was able to set all my races to undead for my map so I can modify their UI to only be on the Undead. (So I don't have to do one for each and every single race). And it keeps them on undead =x. Not sure why you are having the problem.
Yeah, I'm confused because even on normal maps, if you set a player to a race and they change it on the Bnet screen, it will still load them as the race you specified. I'm not sure what the good in loading a random interface/music for campaigns is.

Status
Not open for further replies.