• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Campaign Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I usually have problem with launching my campaign.

So, I was building my very old campaign very long time ago, gave it couple of tests, I uploaded it on internet...

I came to play it again in couple of months (3-4, not sure) and when I click which chapter I wanna start, its trying to get in and it doesn't open, instead it gets me back to campaign screen to choose the chapter. None of them work.

Whenever I attempt to open a map in campaign ingame (works in editor) it doesn't launch. It just gets me back to loading screen and lets me choose again and whenever I choose chapter again, doesn't work.

If anyone knows how to solve this, please say. It's of a high importance that I get this solved as soon as possibile. :ogre_icwydt:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Have you tried shortening the campaign file name (the file path) and the individual map names? WC3 will not load maps that have a path above a certain length which is a big problem with 64 bit Windows as it defaults to install WC3 in "Program Files (x86)" which is 6 characters longer than the path 32 bit Windows installs it. I am not sure if this affects campaigns but a good proportion of maps failing to start or be loaded is correlated to this.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
If the map/campaign was made using JNGP or any other form of modified World Edit it may be that the map did not save properly resulting in the trigger script file not being generated. This is especially common with JNGP and easily solved by saving the map again.

How is that gonna affect the map that worked 3 months and it doesn't want to launch anymore?
You may have changed computers in the time between the period the campaign worked for 3 months and now.

Level 8
I didn't change my PC. I nearly reinstalled my system then, started working on it and it worked.

Please, use simple english. I dont understand what you're saying. I've saved milions of times and it doesn't work. I dont know what's JNPG

Level 12
File size does not effect Campaigns, no. The only file-size limit that I know of is the 8MB limit for multiplayer. It's only used for Battle.net and LAN, though. Not for Singleplayer missions, such as Campaigns.

EDIT: This should probably be moved to World Editor Help Zone. This guy'll get a lot more help there for this, I'd assume.

Status
Not open for further replies.