• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Campaign]Blizz's SC1 Prequel campaign remake (released)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
About 2 weeks ago I started remaking the Starcraft 1 prequel campaign which Blizzard included in the demo and available as a separate download, the original campaign is 5 maps but due to the awful battle.net uploading system I've hit my upload cap with only 4 chapters. Mission 5 is mostly done but I've stopped working on it until I can release it.

Features
-Voice acting exported from the original
-Official canon campaign and lore-friendly, chronicles some of the first encounters with the zerg and takes place one month before the Starcraft 1 campaign. I try not to change anything in terms of lore.
-A new research upgrade, U-238 shells, just 1 so far, haven't really gotten into the extended features yet. Made a side-objective too, more of those coming soon hopefully. Planning on doing Optic Flare and maybe the Science facility for the 5th mission.
-Pretty well detailed in my opinion.
-Thoroughly bug-checked, I have released several updates for all maps.

Here's the link for the battle.net forums thread; http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/283441524

To-do list:
Once Blizzard makes it possible:
-Make it an actual campaign instead of a series of custom scenario maps. Would plan on adding difficulty selection and persistent unlocks and upgrades (once/if they support custom campaigns)
-Finish/Release the 5th map and maybe a 6th based loosely on Ghost Town (once/if they increase the upload limit)

Soon:
-Fix bugs, if any, as they are reported
-Add more unlocks and side-objectives (feel free to suggest some)
-I would like to add some new loading screens for the installation (m3) and city (m4-5) themes, but I suck at 2d art and I'd like to keep it in the same style as the original screens.

How to play (If you're in Europe)
-Go to create custom custom game
-Type "Precursor" in the search field.
-Start with number one.

...or if you're outside of Europe just download the attached files.

Only have screenshots for the first campaign and a pic of Mission 4's hero leveling system.

Attachments

• Precursor1.jpg
    Precursor1.jpg
    385.4 KB · Views: 1,978
  • GeneralDuke.jpg
    GeneralDuke.jpg
    240.7 KB · Views: 1,875
  • Precursor 4v4.SC2Map
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,886
  • Precursor 3.SC2Map
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,871
  • Precursor 2.SC2Map
    2.5 MB · Views: 1,989
  • Precursor 1.SC2Map
    3.1 MB · Views: 1,965
  • Precursor-PublishedFiles-NEW DOWNLOAD THIS.rar
    16.3 MB · Views: 1,616
Last edited:
Level 2
Upload your maps here. You don't really need to protect something like this.
I'm in US and I'd like to play. Restricting players to Europe servers severely limits your game.

Yep, agreed, sorry, didn't mean to take this long to upload them, anyway, they're up now.

Kind of weird how the actual files are 9mbs but when I upload them to bnet they're 20mbs, it's ridiculous how Blizzard limits their upload while unofficial sites don't, and Blizzard's even going to charge for them...

Level 11
Just so you know, the current maps you uploaded are not localized and thus cannot be played by anyone using a client that isn't European.

You can use this helpful program to localize it in the future. Otherwise, you won't be able to share your map with non-europeans :(

EDIT: Since I already localized everything myself, here are all your maps localized if anyone else wants to play these and isn't using the European client.

Attachments

• Precursor 1.SC2Map
    3.2 MB · Views: 1,825
  • Precursor 2.SC2Map
    2.5 MB · Views: 1,906
  • Precursor 3.SC2Map
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,870
  • Precursor 4v4.SC2Map
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,880
Level 2
Since the original files here were uploaded I've released about a bazillion and two patches and finished mission 5, I'm adding them to the OP now.

Status
Not open for further replies.