• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[General] Camera Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
What does Field of View and Distance change, I noticed that those fields only make the camera near or far, all I know that FoV ranges from [20,120] but what is the difference betwen FoV and Distance ?

Lets say I am making an inventory system and I want to make a relation between the camera FoV or Dist and the number of cells so that whatever the size the inventory the camera will still show all the inventory.

Level 17
field of view is in direct relation with distance to target as distance to target increases so will the field of view increase and vice versa think of field of view as the rectangular area you see when you play wc3 if you increase the distance the fov will increase as well

Status
Not open for further replies.