• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Buildings and Hit Point Regen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
How do you add hit point regen to buildings using an upgrade? I tried using the hit point regen data in the upgrade manager, but it increases the hit point regen already on the unit by a certain percentage, if it is 0, like all the buildings are, it doesnt increase. Please help :)

Level 6
Off the top of my head, I don't think there's a way to give a unit health regen that isn't a percentage increase (I'd have to test that theory though).

Ways to do it:

1. Have the upgrade change all buildings of that type into an exact replica of that building, except, it has the desired hp regen.
2. Give the building an ability which gives it hp regen (like unholy aura) but make it so the hp regen is not percentage based (many abilities with hp regen like healing fountain aura and unholy aura have that option). I think you're limited to 9 hp/sec though, on those abilities. Have the upgrade increase the ability if you need multiple leves of hp regen.
3. Self-castable only rejuvenate/unholy frenzy buff, or perhaps a dummy unit that permanently buffs all towers of specific type with it.

Just some ideas. But I'm a little hesitant to say that it's impossible w/ upgrades.

Level 11
Go to the building that you want to give the upgrade, then go to Stats - Hitpoint regeneration and set that to whatever you want and then go to the value right below it (Hitpoint regeneration type) and change that to 'always' so it will actually regenerate hitpoints.

Status
Not open for further replies.