• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Buildable Gate Trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I'm working on a map that allows you to construct gates that open and close, however I've been having some trouble with the building when it is open. At first the game crashed so I looked on the forums as to why and found that out.

The thing that I couldn't find an answer to, however, is why the units still treat the area where the gate is when it is open as unpathable. For them to walk through you need to guide one unit at first through it before they can just be ordered to walk through it. Also, most times the gate is closed and opened again, it requires doing that again as well. Please help!

(Right now I'm using the robo-goblin ability for the gate opening and closing. Should I use a different base ability? The gate open has a circle of power pathing.)

Level 3
Well I had first started off using a gate and then one without pathing and that locked up the game and I found that both need pathing. It hasn't been too much of a problem really after playing the map a few times in tests, just the units still count the area of the opened gate to be unpathable.
Thanks for the link Pharaoh, but the way I've been using it requires no triggers and was just wondering how to make units recognize that the area of the open gate is pathable.

Status
Not open for further replies.