• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Buff Tooltip issue ("Tooltip missing!" on the second map of my campaign)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hello all.

I'm having an issue with one of my abilities. The ability is based off of Bladestorm, and has the exact same properties, just with a shorter duration, less damage, and a different name.

Now, through triggers, whenever this ability is activated, every half second a dummy caster is spawned at the location of the Bladestorming hero. This dummy caster casts Howl of Terror, reducing nearby enemies' armor (I know that Howl of Terror normally reduces enemy attack damage, but there is actually another data field that allows you to reduce enemy armor as well). Therefore, this Bladestorm ability effectively reduces enemy armor as well as dealing damage.

The issue is this: On the first map of my campaign, the ability works fine and the tooltip shows up correctly as "Sundering Maelstrom. This unit has been hit with Sundering Maelstrom; its armor has been lowered."

However, in the second map, the buff tooltip uses the correct icon and level, but it says "Tooltip missing!". Nothing has changed between maps 1 and 2. I copied the triggers exactly, and all data fields were edited in the Campaign Editor. The strange thing is, when I revert the armor debuff to the Howl of Terror icon and tooltip, NOTHING changes. The Sundering Maelstrom buff icon is still there.

Level 12
Your buff in one map isn't necessarily the same ID as your buff in the other map.

You should have checked ability editor "buffs] - ".

Status
Not open for further replies.