• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Buff model changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hey I've got a small issue. I have an aura ability that all the heroes on my map have. Once they get a certain amount of kills the aura increases in level increasing the unit's attack speed and movement speed and drops stuff when the unit dies.

What I am trying to do is change the model of the buff the aura gives for each level the aura is at (the aura only effects the unit if you wanted to know). So instead of the default little blue ring at the origin I wanted to use custom models. It seemed basic, just create 3 different buffs for each of the levels and change the art - Target right? Well it doesn't work. :vw_wtf:

When the aura level increases, the buff changes but the model doesn't even appear (the aura has 4 levels, the first level will does not have a buff).

long story short, I want an aura to have a different model for the buff it gives to units for each level.

Thanks so much for the help!

Level 12
Alright, the problem is something else because I just tested it and for me it all works fine. Maybe you are using custom model for buff which doesn't show or something.

Very simple - give paladin's devotion aura 3 separate buffs, one gives banish, one gives big bad voodoo, one gives tornado. All effects appear as they should.

Attachments

• 1Test.w3x
    16.6 KB · Views: 58
Level 7
This is extremely weird because I just tested the model for a unit and it worked, but doesn't work as a buff model.
Maybe its because I am using a custom model, but the model works for models and abilities.

I was trying this model out first. Buff Model.

Edir: Okay I have found the issue. The buff model doesn't effect the unit producing the aura. I want it to effect the unit producing the aura.

Last edited:
Level 12
Okay I think you are confusing some things. The buff part of the model affects the units nearby. The effect seen on the caster is the 'Art - Target' of the model.

If you want to alter the art - target so that it shows 3 different affects I recommend you make a trigger that adds a dummy ability with the affect to the hero when he learns the ability (use condition level of ability of learning unit = to differentiate between first, second, and third times the unit learns the ability).

Level 7
Yeah that's what I was thinking I'd have to do. It's going to be a little tedious because the level of the aura changes based on how many kills they get. Maybe it would be easier to make multiple auras and just take away/give the different abilities.

Thanks for the help guys. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.