• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

bouncing effect!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
how do i make a spell that when you cast the spell it will bounce from one person to another a total of XX about of times instead of hitting every unit once and then be done with it.
like if there are 2 units and i want my spell to hit a maxium of 10 times then each unit should be hit 5 times each unless one unit dies before the other!

Level 22
u must make a dummy with model size 1 and model: none. then give it missle bounce attack,. 10 max targets, XXX area of effect and give area of effect targets. when u cast the spell let the dummy attack the target unit of ability being cast. if u want the unit to be hit by some effect give the dummy an orb of lightning based ability with another effect spell then purge (and 100% chance to hit)

Level 2
Ramza said:
u must make a dummy with model size 1 and model: none. then give it missle bounce attack,. 10 max targets, XXX area of effect and give area of effect targets. when u cast the spell let the dummy attack the target unit of ability being cast. if u want the unit to be hit by some effect give the dummy an orb of lightning based ability with another effect spell then purge (and 100% chance to hit)
Missile (Bounce) works with orb abilities?

Level 22
yea thats the thing im trying to do right now, but it doesnt work yet. i alrdy tried changing to uniut ability and all that stuff, but it doesnt work. (not cuz of the bounce, i just can get it to work on other units to =P) it it works u can make the coolest spells ever, like chain lightnings that appear from every targeted unit

Level 7
so basicly i make a unit that has glaive? or what? cause that only hits once too? i mean i need to see an example or you got to explain more... sorry i feel so slow right now!

Level 3
What about this, make a unit called "Missile", and a trigger like this:

------------------------------------
- Event
A unit is attacked
- Conditions
Attacking unit equal to Missile
- Actions
Set AttCount = AttCount + 1
- If (All...) Then (..) Else (..)
- If - Conditions
AttCount = 10
- Then - Actions
Unit - Kill Attacking Unit
- Else - Actions
Unit - ... to Attacked Unit {Do anything you want the attacked unit to be here}
-----------------------------

Another:
-------------------------
- Event
Unit - A unit casts an ability
- Conditions
(Ability being cast) equal to {that bouncing ability you want}
- Actions
Unit - Create a Missile for Owner of (Casting Unit) at (Position of Casting Unit) facing 0.00 degrees
----------------------------

What I want to do is to set the Missile unit to be the projectile. Be sure to change its model, and be sure it can attack.

Is this enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.