• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Minigame] Bomber Controller (Chinese works)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello, everyone. I'm a Chinese WEer. I haven't released any maps on Hive before, because my Chinglish XD.
Now, I wanna have a try, to released my first map on Hive.
Hope everyone can support it =w =

Snake4Y5H Presents

Bomber Controller

Created by Snake4Y5H

227028-albums7401-picture85211.jpg

Map Info:

This is a Mini-Game map. In the map, you are a Controller Carriers. Control your bombs to bomb enemies into meat sauce! and you have to dodge enemies' bomb to avoid not be bombed. And you have some useful skills to kill your enemies. Creating powder kegs and automatic bomb silos. It will make things difficult for the enemy to a great extent. In summary, you only have one mission objective -------- Bombing enemies into dregs!

Features:

Due to this is a Mini-Game map, the game time of one round is very short. So you can play this map with your friends at any free time.
While this is a Mini-Game map, in sometimes the combat will be very fierce and exciting. Your eyeballs will stare at the screen all the time, and hit the mouse and keyboard fastly to kill enemies and dodge enemies' bomb.
The gameplay of this map is very easy, nevertheless, you will feel more excited than many Big and Complex RPG maps.

• [a.] Short time gameplay.
    [b.] Exciting and fierce.

I really don't know how can I make it, just by my sense of mapping XD

Some else stuff about map:

Beautiful special effects by the talent models' authors in Hive and proper sounds-using.

NOTES: This map hasn't AI, play it with your friends.

Screenshots and Videos:

Terrain preview:

Simple terrian, but I modify and test it many times for make it marges into game system perfectly.

227028-albums7401-picture85218.jpg

Tips:

The texts in the gameplay screemshots is Chinese because of the man who test this map with me is Chinese, but the map on the Hive is English, so take it easy, just enjoy it. :p

227028-albums7401-picture85212.jpg

227028-albums7401-picture85213.jpg

227028-albums7401-picture85214.jpg

227028-albums7401-picture85215.jpg

227028-albums7401-picture85217.jpg

227028-albums7401-picture85216.jpg

Change Log:

This is the first version of this map. The map has been tested and modified many times. I make it carefully, but there are some BUGS I haven't fixed. So I will fix it in next version.

BUGS existed:1.The Bomb Bouncing function is not perfect. My purpose is the Bomb Bouncing is specular reflection. I'm studying how to make it :p .
2.Minimal possible, the bomb disappeared on the map when it touch the enemies without explode. 3.When the unit "automatic bomb silo" dead, it will remains a long-time stay effect, like tiny Flame- -||, I'm finding another effect to replace it.

Credits:

Special Thanks:
  • The Hive Workshop, The WOW8(a Chinese WE forum)

Models:

• [1.] The explosions models is made by WILL THE ALMIGHTY ,thanks to his awsome effects models!!!><
    [2.] The model of unit "automatic bomb silo" is made by olofmoleman .
    Icons:

• [1.] The icons of skills "Turn Left" and "Turn Right" are shared by a WOW8's WE user.
    [2.] The icons of unit "automatic bomb silo" is made by olofmoleman
    Tutorials/Systems:

• [1.] The danmu(I can't translate it into English XD) System is made by a Chinese mapper : "F2 ex"
    [2.] The library "TerrainPathability" is made by Rising_Dusk
    Other:

• [1.] The background music is my friend's sharing. I don't know what it come form on earth. I'm trying to consult my friend now XD.
    [2.]another resources and systems all made by me-w-

Author's notes:

I'm a Chinese mapper. I tried my best to translate this map into english. and use some translate tools. May some grammar errors existed and Chinglish using =_,=||| , I'm really sorry XD. My friend told me that use "Powder Keg" to replace "Fireworks Barrels" is more better. But I can't find any differences between them, so I use "Fireworks Barrels" in this map. If you have some suggestions with my translation, you can give some advices in comments for me, Thanks a lot =w =. Your suggestions is my power of progress! XD

Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Map Description - Templates

You can download this map here:
Map released page.

Level 15
:) I like it your Map but it will be enjoyable if you translate all in English :)
so.... Good Luck!
It is in English.

Snake! You have a lot of typos. And I'll address those later...
I have a lot of suggestions and I'll be editing this comment if no one replies after me so that I could add more of my thoughts.

・First off the control scheme is a bit weird. And by control scheme
I mean hotkeys.
My suggestion is that you switch Fire Bomb's hotkey from B to W.
Hide from G to E. Set Up Barrel from F to Q, but F is nice too. And
finally Silo from T to S.
This way everything will be a lot easier to reach.

・The silo also leaves a flare of sorts as a corpse after death and it stays there forever.
attachment.php

・Abilities for turning left, right and silo placement lack a disabled icon variant. Which makes the game put puke green in there instead.

・There's a lot of unused terrain.

・You might wanna make the icon for turn right look like this.
attachment.php

Also I cut this from my screenshot just to show you. Don't actually use this one. It's too small.
And no I do not claim it, it's just a example.

And I had no one to play it with. But it seems like a lot of fun.
Also. I managed to get the rocket stuck on a wall edge.
attachment.php
Cool, eh? Hehe. :D

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_062114_205945_01.png
    WC3ScrnShot_062114_205945_01.png
    904.5 KB · Views: 282
  • WC3ScrnShot_062114_211232_02.png
    WC3ScrnShot_062114_211232_02.png
    817 KB · Views: 305
  • turnright.png
    turnright.png
    6 KB · Views: 252
Level 3
It is in English.

Snake! You have a lot of typos. And I'll address those later...
I have a lot of suggestions and I'll be editing this comment if no one replies after me so that I could add more of my thoughts.

・First off the control scheme is a bit weird. And by control scheme
I mean hotkeys.
My suggestion is that you switch Fire Bomb's hotkey from B to W.
Hide from G to E. Set Up Barrel from F to Q, but F is nice too. And
finally Silo from T to S.
This way everything will be a lot easier to reach.

・The silo also leaves a flare of sorts as a corpse after death and it stays there forever.
attachment.php

・Abilities for turning left, right and silo placement lack a disabled icon variant. Which makes the game put puke green in there instead.

・There's a lot of unused terrain.

・You might wanna make the icon for turn right look like this.
attachment.php

Also I cut this from my screenshot just to show you. Don't actually use this one. It's too small.
And no I do not claim it, it's just a example.

And I had no one to play it with. But it seems like a lot of fun.
Also. I managed to get the rocket stuck on a wall edge.
attachment.php
Cool, eh? Hehe. :D

I'm really thankful to your suggestions.
The typos are inevitable phenomena in translating process- -I've tried my best to avoid it.XD
As for your suggestions about hotkeys' settings, I've changed it and it will be fixed in next version. (In fact, these confusing hotkeys' settings are on purpose when I designed it, for give player more difficulties about control, So player need more time to improve their controling skills, I'm a bad guy :grin:)
The forever-stayed flare will be replaced in the next version.

And there is a big trouble about the buttons delay times. When you use the skill "turn left" or "turn right", it usually have 1-2 SECs delay time. Could you give me some advices to solve it?

I'm looking forward your replies. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.