• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[General] Blood Splash Screen Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
How can I create a blood splash screen effect that shows up to specific player when the hero is hit ?

I also need an fog effect on the screen borders, taking an shape so it looks like a closed helm is it possible? Can anyone help me with these effects plase ?

Thanks in advice!

Level 14
Did you try using a red colored fade filter created inside a if LocalPlayer() == YourPlayerOfChoice block?

I think there is a pretty cool fade filter library by Waterknight here on the hive, which allows you to create a lot of fadefilters simultaniously, each of them just for localPlayer

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

For a simple, static effect you create a plane being camera bound.
You would then have to write/find a system that gives you the current camera stats
and translate/scale the plane model dependent on the information.

An animated effect would be more complicated. One could try to experiment with texture animation.

The whole thing is more for the Request section, maybe report your initial post requesting moving to the request section,
if you do not intend to do it yourself.

Level 11
I also need the red screen borders, how are you achieving it, BloodDrunk? can you please show me ?

PS: Still didn't tested the solutions, I'm a little out of time right now, but I wanted to say thanks in advice for all of you who are helping us out!

Level 18
I also need the red screen borders, how are you achieving it, BloodDrunk? can you please show me ?

PS: Still didn't tested the solutions, I'm a little out of time right now, but I wanted to say thanks in advice for all of you who are helping us out!

I will give you a test map when I get home from school with explanation so you learn. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.