• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Melee] Blood Elf War Mage abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I'm making a custom blood elf race and one of the perks of that race is that they have four spellcaster units (priest, sorceress, spellbreaker and war mage).

I need three spells for the war mage. So far, I think I want one of the abilities to be a 10% damage boost along with cleave for 30 seconds. Does anyone have any ideas for the two other spells?

Level 21
A 10% damage boost isn't really much, while cleave is actually very strong. I'd save cleave for heroes.
If you want area damage I would maybe make something like an ability that explodes buffs.

Also possibly some way of absorbing magical damage to get mana.

Level 3
I see...another skill I was thinking of was something like a mana version of Vampiric Aura except it's a passive skill instead of being a true aura. Would that be better?

Sorry for the double post but I might as well post what I thought up here before I post this on Map Development.

Again, this is a custom race for the Blood Elves. So far I'm done with thinking up what the units should be and I'm just working on the skills. Then upgrades and building skills. This is the unit list. Heroes go up to level 20 in my map so some units need to be more powerful.

Worker - Basic worker unit. 220 hp. Nothing remarkable. May possibly have same militia ability as human peasants as "last line of defense" for the BE race.

Swordsman
520 hp
16-17 damage (Normal)
2 Armor (Medium)
170 Gold 30 Lumber 2 food
Magic Defend - 30% damage reduction and spell immunity, slows movement speed by 50%

Archer
350 hp
200 mana
19-25 damage (Pierce)
0 Armor (Medium)
160/30/2 cost
Searing Arrows - same as vanilla one, does 10 bonus damage

Sunreaver
1000 hp
400 mana
37-45 damage (Normal)
5 Armor (Heavy)
285/80/7 cost
Tentative skills: Mana Slash
Mana Slash - autocast, 5% of current mana as damage, costs 10% max mana to cast.
Note: Ultimate ground unit

Priest
350 hp
200 mana
8-9 damage (Magic)
0 Armor (Unarmored)
170/30/2 cost
Heal - Vanilla heal
Divine Protection - Single target, Gives invulnerability and 2% hp regen for 10 seconds.
Circle of Healing - AoE heal for 150 hp followed by 100 hp heal over 10 seconds.
Alternate ability: Penance - Single target slow and silence for 30 seconds, 5 for Heroes , deals 100 damage if target is Undead

Sorceress
400 hp
200 mana
8-11 damage (Magic)
0 Armor (Unarmored)
200/40/2 cost
Abilities: Magic Acceleration: Removes cooldown of unit's abilities.
Haven't thought of the other two.
Spellbreaker
650 hp
250 mana
18-22 damage (Normal)
3 Armor (Heavy)
250/30/3 cost
Magic Defend - 30% damage reduction and spell immunity, slows movement speed by 50%
Spell Steal - Same as vanilla
Magic Glaives - Passive, deals 1.5 times more damage to any unit with mana and summoned units. Does not stack if unit is both summoned and has mana.
Dispel - Same as normal Dispel

War Mage
700 hp
300 mana
24-30 damage (Normal) (Melee)
2 Armor (Light)
240/50/3 cost
Dragon Fire - Line spell, deals 100 damage to ground units
Flame Armor - Single target, +5 armor and 10 damage passive immolation for 45 seconds
Need one more idea
Note: Ultimate spell caster

Arcane Guardian
1200 hp
300 mana
31-38 damage (Normal)
46-51 damage (Siege) (Structures only)
5 Armor (Fortified)
250/150/6 cost
Overload - Use mana to attack faster
No name yet - Consumes all mana to restore 125 mana to nearby units. Needs full mana to use.

Ballista
No idea what to do here. Based on Siege Engine and still not edited.

Dragonhawk Rider
Unedited so far :/
No idea what direction it should go

Pegasus Rider (Ultimate flying unit)
1000 hp
60-75 damage
2 Armor (Light)
300/80/7 cost
Lightning Burst - Passive, enemy units around the target get shocked for 40 pure damage.

Blood Mage
Str - 18 + 2.00
Agi -14 + 1.00
Int - 23 + 3.00

Flame Strike - same as Vanilla
Phoenix
Summons a Phoenix for 60 seconds.
Level 1 - 600 hp, 41-55 damage, phoenix fire
Level 2 - 925 hp, 51-65 damage, phoenix fire, Resistant Skin
Level 3 - 1250 hp, 61-75 damage, phoenix fire, Resistant Skin, Spell Immunity

Verdant Speres
Gives a permanent bonus to Intelligence. Additionally, powers up all the spells of the Blood Mage. (Includes spells from items)

Level 1 - Adds 3 points to intelligence. 1/3 of the Blood Mage's Intelligence as bonus damage of spells.
Level 2 - Adds 6 points to intelligence. 2/3 of the Blood Mage's Intelligence as bonus damage of spells
Level 3 - Adds 12 points to intelligence. Full Intelligence of the Blood Mage as bonus damage.

Meteor Storm
Calls upon 6 meteors to fall randomly in 300 AoE to damage land units for 200 damage.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Vulnerability (autocast) -> Reduces targets armor and lowers magic resistance. Lasts a short time and cannot target heroes.
Mana bomb -> Channel a short while to deal damage in a large area. When cast, nearby friendly War Mages will automatically join in channelling increasing the casts potency. Total damage dealt increases linearly with number of War Mages involved and is spread between a limited number of units up to a maximum that increases more gradually with number of War Mages.

Status
Not open for further replies.