• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Block with shield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Hey, i just wondering would be possible to make some king of system that would allow unit to block an attack, like to enable you hero to block damage with some kind of animation when attacked, preventing all damage. Any idea how could that look ?
I have few ideas, but i think that they aent stable.

Level 4
I think theres a spell that the mountain giant has that has a % chance to block damage. just set the chance X percent then set the damage reduction to 999999. If thats what youre looking for i hope that helps but if it isnt you need to be a little more specific. And you can always use a spellbook to hide the ability so people cant see it! :D

Level 6
If you want an animation, make it so that when the block occurs, play an animation using "Spell Impact"(from spell shield ability), at angle facing the attacker.

Some heroes/units don't really have any animations that make them look like they're blocking, so you might use something like the "Spell Impact" animation from spellshield ability.

Level 7
I actually have something on my map that would be what you want. It's in jass however, and you need JassNewGen to open map.
But if the above doesn't bother you then dl Myriad from below linked thread, and look for the Category Combat System, and the trigger Combat Single Strike. That one is tailored for one on one battling, the other one's are for multiple targets.
It's tailored specifically for my game, but if you understand Jass then you should have no problem modifying it.

If you don't know Jass I'd usually be happy to see if I can do a GUI version, but I'm pressed for time at mo. :(

Don't worry about giving credits or anything if you do use it, the map is for anyone.

It doesn't have any flashy spec effects though, just text. Hope that helps. :)

Level 11
Y, i just need a system that would trigger animation, or a ability that would trigger an animation, i will make an animation to unit, not problem, easy to make animation with 3dsmax. I know the stone giant's abil, but it doenst gives me animation... ( UNIT ANIMACIOTN) NOT EFFECT. like defend from footman.

Level 29
Y, i just need a system that would trigger animation, or a ability that would trigger an animation, i will make an animation to unit, not problem, easy to make animation with 3dsmax. I know the stone giant's abil, but it doenst gives me animation... ( UNIT ANIMACIOTN) NOT EFFECT. like defend from footman.

If you can make animations in 3ds max, read the Art Tools read me and you'll understand how to make it work. It has there all the animation names and stuff that you'll need to assign to your animation so it will be used automatically when you, for example, use the "Slam" animation.
If you already know all this, simply check what animation the footmen use when they block and then assign that to your animation.

Level 11
Hm... do you guyz realize that i want to make autoblock, enemy attacks my hero, my hero has 50% chance to block his attack (what ability couldd i use to trigger specitic animation? ), then my hero blocks his attack, BUT WITH AN ANIMATION, ( y i know how to make animations... ) i just dont know how to autotrigger it, not manualy with defend, when i use defend... autotriggered spell or system, like mount giant's dmg reduction spell, hardned skin or somtn like that :D. So my hero gets punched but he block the damage playing block animation, or i can make that with "hit system detection" when unit takes damage?

Level 15
I actually have a system but it is buggy. You might want to pause the unit for .5 seconds or something to make it look better.
Someone requested this and since you need it I might as well repost it here ;P
Please go to this thread, the map is in the zip in the first post. Cos Hive doesn't allow me to re-attach stuff.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/f341/doing-gui-spell-requests-96994/

Status
Not open for further replies.