• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Blind a unit and turn rate below 0.10?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hey there,
as the title says, I got a question about a spell i wanna have in a map im going to create.
I want a spell, which reduces the sight of units ingame, like a flash or smoke bomb would do. Is that possible, and if yes, how?

Additionaly i want to know if its possible to make the turn rate of units lower than 0.10, with triggers or stuff.
I hope i will recieve answers fast. Thanks! ;)

Level 33
For reducing unit's sight of vision, you can use the "Item Sight Range Bonus" as base ability
Just make it in negative form for the "Data - Sight Range Bonus" by doing same technique as changing Turning Rate to below than 0.10 (SHIFT + Double Click)
A test map attached is included
Beware: It is not MUI (the test map).

Attachments

• Reduce Sight.w3x
    13 KB · Views: 66
Level 1
For reducing unit's sight of vision, you can use the "Item Sight Range Bonus" as base ability
Just make it in negative form.

I was thinking of something like that, but i didnt find a proper abililty.
So, i guess my questions are answered. Thank you very much!

Level 33
OR, do you want a blurry image formed at screen ?
It's under "Cinematic - Advanced Filter"
You can use this:
  • Cinematic - Apply a filter over 5.00 seconds using Normal blending on texture Dream, starting with color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) and 100.00% transparency and ending with color (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) and 0.00% transparency
There are many things to use such as Haze Filter | Haze and Fog | Ground Fog | etc

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
That stops the player vision, not the units sight range and it will still see and attack units like normal. What I meant is spawning a great big sight blockr covering a circular area of like 20 units around the target unit, but I guess the item (which I am not fimiliar with) is undoubedly a better solution.

Level 33
That stops the player vision, not the units sight range and it will still see and attack units like normal. What I meant is spawning a great big sight blockr covering a circular area of like 20 units around the target unit, but I guess the item (which I am not fimiliar with) is undoubedly a better solution.

Trust me, Item Ability serves a better purpose
Like +Armor or +Damage
All they have, it's just been there all this while, I just found this Sight Spell lol
So useful

Level 1
OR, do you want a blurry image formed at screen ?
It's under "Cinematic - Advanced Filter"
You can use this:
  • Cinematic - Apply a filter over 5.00 seconds using Normal blending on texture Dream, starting with color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) and 100.00% transparency and ending with color (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) and 0.00% transparency
There are many things to use such as Haze Filter | Haze and Fog | Ground Fog | etc

Yeah i was also thinking of that idea, but the problem is, that the caster is also blended then and why would he want that? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.