• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Spell] Black Arrow requiring research doesn't work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I am trying to use a Black Arrows base ability for a plague attack on an undead team, intended to require research. Unfortunately, I am encountering an anomaly where the ability takes effect even while saying it is disabled due to the research requirement.
Anyone know why this may be happening? I presume it has to do with the hard-coded aspects of the ability, in which case, I see no direct solution. I've tried it with both the hero and neutral hostile base ability.
Your feedback is always greatly appreciated!

Level 26
I am unable to reproduce this. I tried both the hero and neutral hostile versions of the ability, gave it a techtree requirement of some human research (first tried Black Gunpowder, later tried with Storm Hammers) and added this spell to the human priest unit. In all cases the spell behaved as expected - when the upgrade was not researched, the spell did not take any effect, after it was researched, the spell worked as expected.

Does the issue occur when you try it in a new map?

Level 7
I am unable to reproduce this. I tried both the hero and neutral hostile versions of the ability, gave it a techtree requirement of some human research (first tried Black Gunpowder, later tried with Storm Hammers) and added this spell to the human priest unit. In all cases the spell behaved as expected - when the upgrade was not researched, the spell did not take any effect, after it was researched, the spell worked as expected.

Does the issue occur when you try it in a new map?
That is curious. I will test this then as you suggest.

Level 7
Okay, I think I know what is up. For me, whether it is on another map, another unit, another upgrade required, it has the same issue. It may be that I'm using an older version of the editor (1.27a v. of the game, I think). Perhaps its the older version that leaves this bug, perhaps the ability not checking dependency even when set to true.
If there is another thing that might be causing this, I'll eagerly consider. Otherwise, I may just set up the required research to replace the unit with one that has the ability.
Thanks @Nichilus for your response!

Status
Not open for further replies.