• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Best method for unit spawning....?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi, in the map I'm making I need player controled units that spawn in waves.
I also need the spawns to level up/ be upgraded via the use of an upgrade/research building.

I've had a number of ideas of ways I could manage this with triggering and variables but they all seem rather complicated. I have 9 seperate players to do this for and I want to avoid using masses of repeating triggers for each player.

I would greatly apreciate any advice or a simpler method of achieving what I want, thanks.

If you need any more information, just ask me:thumbs_up:

Level 9
What Berbanog said, you can just avoid using the same trigger c&pd for each player by just making the variable into arrays, for example
Set Variable Something[PlayerNumber(TriggeringPlayer)] = whatever.

Level 18
In a case where you have spawn locations, you'll want an array of locations so that you can reference any of the player's spawn-points through a single variable (array it may be).

Level 4
Okay, thank you. I get what you're saying (and it has really helped) but it is he element of customisation to the spawn types that causes my problem.

I think that I have worked out a method that could work (which unforunately requires me to rebuild areas of my map) But if it works it's something that I've never seen used before on the map in quite the way I plan to use it.

I'll probably be back asking for more help soon when his goes wrong bu for now I'm taking your advice and aplying it to this idea.
Cheers:thumbs_up:

Status
Not open for further replies.