• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Azure dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

TDR

TDR

Level 18
Here's something I started several days ago and I hope to finish. I doubt I will though.

Attachments

• azure dragon_2.jpg
    azure dragon_2.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 286
Level 19
Nice face, BAD smoke effects, I've seen the orb effect done in many dragon doodles, I think it looks nice. By orb effect I mean crystal ball-looking object, which you could add as the moon, but don't forget to make it shine. As for the smoke, you could make it a little more asian by making it white and drifting past his face.

TDR

TDR

Level 18
Those are clouds, not smoke, and as far as I can remember I said it's not finished, they are just blocked in to have the main composition settled down. I know how to render clouds and I will make them look better.
haha, that's not "orb effect" you see there, it's just a color spot so I can sample that color from, it's not related to the composition in any way :p
Making the smoke white is a bad idea, because that will mean it'll be brighter than most things in the painting and it will distract you from the main character.

Level 32
As usual, that's an excellent chunk of concept art TDR.

The more developed potions of the piece show its potential: the curvature of the wyrm's neck give it a stately posture while its face structure hints at intelligence, deviousness and wisdom.

What media are you working with? I'm not a practiced artist: (nor critic, for that matter). Graphics tablet? Chalk and paper?

Level 3
Really cool stuff. I like how the light adds mood. One thing though, and it's not just this drawing but just most dragon drawings I see. I think the wings should be bigger. Anatomy is by no way my thing, but it just bugs me to see dragons with undersized wings. I know they're mythical beasts etc etc, but in order to lift that much weight, a creature has to have some massive pecs and in this case massive wings. Whatever, I think it's great anyways.

Level 21
I said add the orb effect, I just barely noticed that tiny teal paint splotch.

You really should never directly command someone to do something with their art. It's rude and obnoxious.

Nice dragon, TDR. The face is just beautiful, the body's coming along well, and I like the rock spire (or whatever people would like to call it) that the dragon's standing on. Excellent tablet work going on there.

TDR

TDR

Level 18
He didn't command anything, he just repeated what he said before that. But I won't add that orb thing anyway, I don't know what's that all about and won't do it even if I knew.

Thanks everyone for comments and suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.