• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Auto Movement AI (and Unit Group Orders)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Here is the thing. In my map, there are certain events where massive unit actions are applied (in unit groups). (Select units -> Attack Move "Spot A" or attack a certain target) When this action is launched, units tend to move with rapid pauses. (They move a little bit, then stop, then move again etc..) Same thing happens even WITHOUT the triggered movements:
- Bunch of units standing in a spot are attacked by player; they don't rush to the attacker in this sitiuation. Again, they move with rapid pauses...
I remember this topic being discussed earlier but I can't seem to find that topic.
So, what are your suggestions?

Level 14
create a trigger that orders them to move to the spot every ... seconds (for example: 0.2 or 0.3 seconds)
turn off the trigger when the units are done attacking

Status
Not open for further replies.