• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Attachments for great justice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Don't we all like attachments?

Anyway, I was planning to put them to a good use.

I am thinking of an RPG with a RP feel to it, with a simple equipment system (I've already developed one, works pretty smoothly, while being very simplistic :p), where you can either pick from a male or female villager model (maybe more then just humans), and then, the items you equip, will slap on attachments on you.

Well, it's quite obvious that helm, weapon, and shield attachments can be done with ease. But, I'm debating whether it's possible to have fluid armor and legging attachments.

Well, we've already got armor attachments: check the model resources on the Hive, by Kitakabe (forgot the name, cbf looking it up right now). But leggings, ugh, that's not easy.

But should I bother with leggings? Maybe just armor? I don't know, honestly, but if any modeller wants to help me, or if anyone's got any idea's or concepts to throw in, sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.