• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

attaching an object upon missile death

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
I want to make an exploding arrow (preferably with a custom explosion model I will download).

I know very little about modelling, but managed to get this far:

I downloaded the flaming arrow model with Warcraft 3 Viewer.
I opened it with War3ModelEditor.
I opened the Node Manager and created an Event Object
I edited the Event Object to SpawnObject with an Event Track that matches the death sound.
For the explosion itself, I looked through the "Data:" list and could see many objects to chose, but no way of entering a custom model or even choosing common spell effects. All I could see were building death models, blood spills, and other "Spawn models." My question is: how can I use other models here rather than just the spawn ones?

In short, I have everything working except the ability to specify a different model upon my missile's death. I'm stuck choosing from among a small list of spawn models. I noticed that there is a blank box beneath the list of spawn models that automatically fills in the four letter code for the model I select. I tried manually changing this four letter code (I used HPEA, the code for a peasant unit) but that didn't appear to work. Of course that is a unit code not a code for a model.

Can someone help me? I apologize if I didn't describe it well, I have almost no experience with models other than recoloring them or adding sound effects following the tutorials here.

Level 14
Use attachement point instead of event object.
Put the path of the model you want to use and set visibility to the sequence you want to appear.

Okay, I'm having some trouble here.

I've made an attachment point and put in an exploding model: Abilities\Spells\Other\Incinerate\FireLordDeathExplode.mdx I've added this attachement point to the FlamingArrowMissile.mdx model.

When the arrow fires, it explodes immediately rather than when it hits the target as intended. The Sequence manager shows that the flaming arrow's death animation is from interval: 467 to 1533. But there is no "event tracks" area to put 467 in order to trigger this attachment at that time.

I was trying to follow your instructions and put something in the "Visibility" tab, but I'm not sure how. The model only have 1 Global Sequence ID (and (none)). I've tried both of those and both still have the arrow exploding during its stand animation. At the top of Visibility is "0: 1". I don't know what this is or what to do with it. I tried mindlessly making it 467: 1533, but that did nothing.

How do I get the arrow to only play the FireLordDeathExplode model during the death animation?

Status
Not open for further replies.