• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

arrow path skill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
i dont really know where to begin but... im looking to make a skill that is like Murcurials shadow dagger in DOTA or rexxars wild axes, but only one, and they dont have to return to the caster, just do damage. thats really the only effect i need

Level 3
you target an area with the ability, it creates an arrow (or axe in the other case) that flies to the target, and damages everything in its path, but does not damage the units in the path more than once, and the projectile is kinda slow so... they are both based off triggers because of the effects that they do, which i dont need mine to do

Level 3
i could but the arrow wouldnt arch/it wouldnt look as good cuz the ground would wave, and im considering adding an effect like slowed movespeed or somethin, the hero i have doesnt have any disables/slows lol

Level 3
that works pretty good but... it goes to the max range, how would i make it so it stops at the point where you cast it

Level 10
one of the easiest types of triggering. In gui, it'd take 2 triggers, 1 to setup points and the missile (which is a dummy unit, and another to set movement and damage.) or you could also use a model editor and just change the reg height of an arrow missile model and use that.

Level 2
There is something I don't know...
Can we hide some trigger in the script files(*.j)
Because when I first time successful extract the DotA map script, I was exciting but there is only a few of spell trigger in the script....
I have same dream as you but it did't come true yet... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.