• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Are there any recreated Warcraft 1 or Warcraft II maps for Warcraft III?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello!

I searched the forums for quite some time but could not find any related topic, so I created this one - sorry if this has already been answered elsewhere.

I am looking for "Warcraft 1 Orcs & Humans" or "Warcraft II Tides of Darkness" based maps. Are there any remakes or campaigns that resemble the story/design of these classic games? It would also be nice to have some kind of resource which lists all the currently available maps and mods relating to Warcraft 1 and II in War3.

Thank you very much in advance.

Level 4
quite a lot actually

Realm Design's Dawn of Chaos <-- complete recreation of warcraft 1

Heart of Storms <-- a fictional yet accepted telling of what happened in between wc1 and wc2

Orcs and Humans: Tides of Darkness - Wc3campaigns <-- wc2ish type of map

Warcraft 2:2nd Generation 1.20 Beta - Wc3campaigns <-- recreation of wc2, it lacks models, but the systems, units, and AIs, act in almost the same manner as it is in wc2

now most of these are game modifications for wc3 except for Orcs and Humans: Tides of Darkness which is a map

Level 1
Thank you very much! ^^ Well, it looks like these are all the remakes currently available ;) Only knew about two of them, very nice!

Level 1
Cool! Please finish your WC2 map then ^^ Can't wait to see those classic maps recreated!

Is this WC1 map you mentioned available somewhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.