• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

AOE Cyclone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Im trying to make an aoe hero spell that causes a certain number of units in the aoe to get cycloned.

So far i got

EVENTS:

- A unit is issued an order targeting a point

CONDITIONS:

? Or (Any conditions are true)
? Issued order equal to order(blizzard)

ACTIONS:

Pick every unit in (Units within 200 of (Target point of issued order) matching ((Owner of Matching unit) is an enemy of (Owner of Ordered unit) equal to true and do Actions

after that im completely stuck and cant get any thing to work. Help is always appreciated

Level 2
I tried using a dummy but i cant figure out how to make it pick units only in aoe or make it pick multiple units. Also the dummy unit wont even create via the unit create trigger so im screwing up something there too.

Level 3
Okie... using what you have right now, seems to me you have no trouble in identifying the targets for your spell. Make a Unit Group variable for those targets. Each time the spell is cast, add all the units in the AoE to the unit group. Then, create a dummy unit with Cyclone (modified, perhaps?) and have it cast Cyclone on each Picked Unit of the unit group.
That's off the top of my head, not sure if it'll work, but 95% sure. :p

Level 5
Very simple to do, no triggers needed. All you have to do is make the spell, use the stun or healing ward. Make a dummy unit that is summons and have it only last for like 2 secs. Then change the tornado spin ability, the one under the folder Netural Passive. Changed its minimum hit interval to .01. Give it to the unit. Then change the skill's AOE and Air time to what you need it to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.