• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Any decent teambased save/load ORPGs out there or in the making?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
Hello all. This question has been bothering me for some time and I cannot seem to find such a map in the map database. I am an old veteran of TKoK and Gaias Retaliation and still play them. Trying something new, however, is always interesting. So what I am looking for is a map with the following general features:

-Teambased gameplay, some solo capabilities are fine, but I like the social cooperative experience to be at the core of the map.
-Save/load and progression in general. The "journey experience" provided by playing the same character over longer periods of time is something I enjoy a lot.
-Tactical gameplay - no-brainer auto attack not allowed. I want to have to dodge, time, and plan to be succesful.
-Item attachments on hero - this may seem irrelevant, but to me it is at the core of player progression. With a single model throughout an entire character's "lifespan" things become a little tedious and seem to go nowhere.
-Interesting, naturally-looking terrain. Standard WC3 cliffs and square box areas for boss fights is a no go. I am too old to look at ugliness in a game.
-ORPG, not just RPG - I seriously dislike railroading. Even though a map can force you to complete a certain task to get from A to B I don't want to be forced down a path. In TKoK and Gaias you can stay in the lowbie zone for a short time or a little longer to be fully geared up - that kind of openness is essential.

Now, I realise that there have been amazing projects over the years such as Oakwood Forest RPG and Darkwind RPG (I think the name was), but those were never released. Please if you have a suggestion for a map that is still in development, feel free to link it, as I don't mind waiting and getting hyped. The point is simply to know that, at least somewhere down the line, there will be an addition to the brilliant rpgs we have already.

Status
Not open for further replies.