• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

animation question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Im using the villager many animations and i give him different animations each time he changes weapon. im wondering about a few things:

-Do i have to remove the previous animation tag to prevend bugs/leaks before i change it again? like this:

• Animation - Remove the Alternate animation tag to Hero_Player_Number[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]
-Does it matther if i write Alternate or alternate. so yes then whats better?

-When i use the defend ability i always get some problem. how would u all recommend this? I now got:

• use defend
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order with no target
    • Conditions
      • (Issued order) Equal to (Order(defend))
    • Actions
      • Wait 0.01 seconds
      • Animation - Remove the alternate animation tag to (Triggering unit)
      • Animation - Add the defend animation tag to (Triggering unit)
and

• stop defend
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order with no target
    • Conditions
      • (Issued order) Equal to (Order(undefend))
    • Actions
      • Wait 0.01 seconds
      • Animation - Remove the defend animation tag to (Triggering unit)
      • Animation - Add the alternate animation tag to (Triggering unit)
Or will it change automaticly? becouse its defend. I dont realy know what the ability is all doing?

Or is there an much better way to change animations? i prefer not to use JASS

-Do i have to remove the previous animation tag to prevend bugs/leaks before i change it again? like this:

• Animation - Remove the Alternate animation tag to Hero_Player_Number[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]

It depends on the model. You can do it just to be safe, but if it works without removing it, then there should be no problem with leaving it there.

-Does it matther if i write Alternate or alternate. so yes then whats better?

Nope, it doesn't matter. Both are the same efficiency-wise, just pick whichever one you like.

For the last question, I'm not sure what you are asking. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.