• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Animation Help...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
Hi everyone, just a newbie in need. I am Trying to make a paladin with the blademaster's Bladestorm animation. I tried copying and pasting the blademaster's bone specs into the Paladin's mdl... but i got a garbled flesh heap not worth mentioning.
Help needed, I have access to Magos's Model editor, notepad, and oinkerwinkle's tools. Thanks in advance.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Post the model you edited.

Level 19
Hmm the paladin/arthas their animation are using a strange kind of view.
I still didn't figured out (I'm not that good in animation/modeling) which one.
I have currently a same problem with my arthas. Each time I want to change his animations, he's looking more retard.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

To transfer the animation, the bone names have to be the same for both models. So all that needs to be done is for you to rename the bones of the Paladin to the respective ones on the Blademaster. Then transfer.

Level 19
A bit more explanation please Chriz. , we ain't that smart as you ;) .
Altough I know where I can find the bones and how to rename, I won't know which I need to rename since there are much different ones. And I guess that dude knows even lesser then me.

Last edited:

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Well I mean (as a cruddy example) if the shoulder bone of the Blademaster is B_shldr1, and the shoulder bone of the paladin is called bone_shoulder, then for the transfer to accurately transfer the animation from model to model, you would have to rename the Paladin's shoulder bone B_shldr1.

At least I think this is what needs to be done, I don't have too much experience with animation transferring.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

I'm talking about for transferring a single animation. And I don't think it matters, the number of animations. If the transferred animations are more than the original, the new model will just have more than it used to.

If the model you are transferring to had more than the animations being transferred, then the transferred ones will likely overlap the ones they are for, and leave the extras as they were. No clue though.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Allright Chriz., i understand where you're coming from, but what do i do about bones that the paladin doesnt have, like armor left, flag, and the face animation bones?

The flag and armor, you don't need, since the paladin doesn't have equivilant bones. So yes, just ignore them.

Face animation bones? On the portrait model?

Let me know if you get it working.

Level 22
Thanks for the help, I'm going to try it again, but on the pally, (insert limb here)1 would be upper and 2 lower, right?

Ok.. I just tried 3 times... but i keep getting the message "Expectect "}" , got "1" in group "Bone'' in "Tally.mdl"!

Last edited:

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Can you upload the edited Paladin?

Status
Not open for further replies.