• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

An introduction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Greetings!

I've finally decided to gather the courage and join the hive workshop, one of the things I regret not doing sooner.
I like to consider myself an 'older' player of WC3, spent WAY too much time on it between 2005 and 2008. I had taken up mapping back then, but I have started too many projects and seldomly finished any of them (I spent way too much time on terraining - my favorite part of it all, never really dug too deep into JASS or the AI editor). I gave up mapping after I had a hard drive failure and lost it all (come to think of it, did I really lose anything if I never really finished a map? :p).
Recently I had fired up wc3 again with friends and I'm having too much fun with it... again! I have some ideas for maps which I would like to realize, some of them that had already been conceived 7-8 years ago!

Well... That would be it from me.
See you on the forums (and in the game!) fellow Hivers!

Level 1
Ah, we generally prefer virtual LAN over battle.net, but we mostly host our games using our bot we host locally to publish LAN games on battle.net and XPam too. The reason being both that there's usually 4-8 of us playing together at any given time and usually 1-3 people either don't own a copy of wc3 (due to losing it or otherwise...) or have problems with b.net.

And thanks for the welcome :3

Status
Not open for further replies.