• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Alternative to shockwave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
I'm currently making a spell that shoots out a wave of fire that is followed by roughly 50 other smaller waves of fire.

I don't want to turn ALL 50 smaller waves of fire into custom projectiles because I don't want to cause the map to lag.

I thought I could just use carrion swarm to do the missiles (shockwave leaks) but the mini waves only have a distance of about 150. What I learned about carrion swarm is that the missile doesn't show up untill 100 range, so it looks REALLY wierd.

I'd like to know if theres a spell like carrion swarm / shockwave that the missile appears at the caster (like storm bolt) instead of in front of the caster after 100 units. (If a picture is needed, ill post it)

Level 13
Maybe look at Breath of Fire/Frost, Crushing Wave, Cluster Rockets.

Alternatively, maybe have a dummy cast the ability and put the dummy behind the caster so it gives the illusion it is coming right out of the caster?

Level 19
Maybe look at Breath of Fire/Frost, Crushing Wave, Cluster Rockets.

Alternatively, maybe have a dummy cast the ability and put the dummy behind the caster so it gives the illusion it is coming right out of the caster?

could try the breaths and wave, cluster wouldnt work because it has to target a certain spot (where i want it to hit every thing in its path)

I tried the whole move-units-100-degrees-behind-angle but the issue is that units within 100 of the wave take a TREMENDOUS amount of damage because the missles are hitting them even without the effect

E/ all three of them had the same issue

2E/ the issue is illustrated by the picture... as you can see by the blue trail, the effect doesn't appear untill 100 range in

3E/ How do i post an attachment as an image in a post? 6 years and I've never learned how to do that

E/

out of ideas. Anyone?

Attachments

• demo.png
    demo.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 99
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.