• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[General] Allies Menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
So, working on my map, I want to make it so I can trade to my allies, whom in the typical case at this time, are computers, I just want to throw gold and lumber at them, and there is a whole menu for this!

But it only works when another human player is involved...

I've been trying to find a way to change this in triggers to no avail.

Is this possible?:vw_wtf:

Level 3
Mostly I was just wondering if it could be done, because I wanted to avoid making an elaborate system of triggers. Not to mention the allies menu allowed you to trade any amount, where as a trigger would have to be either sprawlingly long, or very clever to get the same effect.

Here you go.

125j3ps.png

Keep in mind that allies menu will only be available in multi-player game (LAN or Battle.Net). I don't know how to enable it in Single-player.

Level 10
Mostly I was just wondering if it could be done, because I wanted to avoid making an elaborate system of triggers. Not to mention the allies menu allowed you to trade any amount, where as a trigger would have to be either sprawlingly long, or very clever to get the same effect.
One could make a dialogue menu that allowed the player to simply select the desired player and then Lumber or Gold, followed by typing a value in chat, which would be neither "sprawlingly long or very clever".
Let me know if you want a hand writing that in case A Void's solution isn't satisfactory for Single-player.

Level 3
Hmm, I see, would that be GUI or Jass? As unfortunately my experience in Jass is akin to my experience with the vacuum of space, which is to say, very little.

Hmm, this having been said, I think I'll see if I can bypass this issue...

The reason I wanted to do this, is because in my map which is built for long games, hour plus, the AI eventually runs out of gold in their mines, even with each at 50000.

I've a set of advanced workers who can "Dig" out new gold mines for large amounts of lumber, but I've no way for the AI to do this. So eventually they despite having the capacity, lack the knowledge, and eventually starve themselves out.

Also does anyone know how to make a building, in this case a constructable torch, have sight radius that goes over trees... as currently the only way I know of doing so is changing its movement type to FLY which makes the building hover depending on placement on cliffs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.