• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Allergy Free Peanuts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
Of course it's possible. If there's a single component of a peanut that makes people allergic, they could take it out. if that component makes it no longer worth it, we can just make peanut substitutes. one way or another, allergic people will be eating peanuts someday.

Level 21
lol i love how we use great science for small things, which ultimately make a big impact. i havent read the article, but i will when im not so tired, but if it is based around genetic engineering i just love how we can manipulate genes in such an advanced way that we can now apply this great technology to more simple parts of life. i cant wait to see what comes up next.

Level 14
If I have a single fraction of a peanut or any nut I will die of suffocation if I dont get an epi pen in me. And nuts are in EVERYTHING!!! I would benefit greatly from allergy free nuts. I would still avoid them. Paranoia has served me well in the past and I aint stopping for anything.

lol i love how we use great science for small things, which ultimately make a big impact. i havent read the article, but i will when im not so tired, but if it is based around genetic engineering i just love how we can manipulate genes in such an advanced way that we can now apply this great technology to more simple parts of life. i cant wait to see what comes up next.

They've made something called "golden rice", which is supposed to be like normal rice, except it is so crammed full of vitamins people in 3rd world countries will never have to worry about malnutrition again!

The only problem is that the US says "it is unsafe" even though it's just rice, and it could save thousands of lives a year.

Although... we don't exactly need more people due to overpopulation stuff...

Level 10
I just eat a soy kitten alternative. I take no risks with that allergy free crap.

Lol...

Eating peanuts for me is just annoying, im not sure how it really hurts me. My eyes just get 50X larger. So i look like a simpson character with bulgy eyes....

Although i know it could actually hurt me, and i shouldnt just think it doesnt because it doesnt at first, and blah blah blah...

Level 13
Ah!

*Dr00d slaps Dr00d*

How could I forget that? o.0 Yea, peanut butter is teh shit, but I hate just plain peanuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.