• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

All quiet on the western front

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
Just a quickie from me. I thought I captured the atmosphere pretty well. Comments?

Attachments

• warzone.png
    warzone.png
    267.4 KB · Views: 270
Level 9
looks really good like all your work. I personally love the atmosphere you implemented. the sky looks a bit clear though through the fog which makes it look kind of weird to me, especially with the thicker cloud in the upper right.

Level 12
It's called terrain fog lol, and you used it really well Void, it gives it such a realistic atomsphere. I agree with most of the other posters that the hills are too jagged, because it can't be an area bombarded by artillery - there are still trees there.

If you watched a movie like All Quiet on the western front, you'll see that there aren't any trees on the battefields :p
They've either been levelled, chopped down for wood to be used for Bunkers and Trenches, or have been well... disintigrated by numerous artillery blasts.

Other than that, I like it quite a lot ^^
Plus rep.

Level 36
Still wouldn't be pitch black, unless there was a solar eclipse at the same time and the stars all got eclipsed as well. And that still doesn't explain the brown fog, it actually rules it out, because it would be black too. So it's a paradox.

I love how I'm arguing how my terrain isn't realistic :p

Status
Not open for further replies.