• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[General] AI not gathering gold and can't build on blight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
So I've encountered two weird problems. I don't know when it happened cuz I wasn't checking it regularly.

So the first issue is that AI won't enter a mine to gather gold for some reason. No matter how far or close I'll place it to the town hall or if I change the race - it won't work, they will gather wood, make workers and build until they run out of gold and still won't enter the mine.

Second one is that I can't build on blight even if there's blight. No matter if it will generate automatically or I'll place it, i can't build on it. I only get the message "Must be on blight" or something like that, even though I have green area allowing to place a building.

Inb4: I have only one trigger that I used today for the first time, but these problems were occuring before I added the trigger

On the screen you can see workers just gathering wood, and building in the left corner. It doesnt matter if they're elves or orcs, nothing works

Attachments

• wc.png
    wc.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 17
Level 29

The main reason is pretty obvious. Warcraft III doesn't allow Blight or even gold mine harvesting for AI to be applicable with such large maps.
As you can see, the map you are playing on is extremely huge (480x480).
Blizzard might not add an update which makes Blight applicable on larger maps with Classic Warcraft 3 because they are concentrated on releasing the Reforged patches.

Level 7

The main reason is pretty obvious. Warcraft III doesn't allow Blight or even gold mine harvesting for AI to be applicable with such large maps.
Blizzard might not add an update which makes Blight applicable on larger maps with Classic Warcraft 3 because they are concentrated on releasing the Reforged patches.
The weird thing is that my friend finished a map today which is 480x480 aswell and everything works perfectly fine, we compared some settings and it seems like nothing's wrong there (checked in advanced etc)

If there would be no fix.. or no clue for a fix, is there a way to kind of change AI that already exist to make it gather gold?

Edit: Blight won't be a problem, because I can set all Undead building's path so that it doesn't require blight, but that gold gathering... that's the problem

Last edited:
Level 7

Just got two screens from that other map and everything works fine (blue is an AI)

Edit: I have no idea what I've just done, but it works (??) AI is gathering gold from the mine. All I've done was setting all data in Scenario > Player Properties (for me it was setting all 10 players with random race), I hope that it'll work for someone else having this issue!

Attachments

• wc1.png
    wc1.png
    3 MB · Views: 13
  • wc2.png
    wc2.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.